'21 GA OT Amarius Mims (Georgia commit)

Meh, give it time. We were always fighting uphill for this kid anyways. Would be stunned if he goes anywhere except Bama or Georgia. And that’s not because of the staff not doing their job, it’s a kid that just wants to go to a team that’s constantly in the CFP (or in UGAs case, pays the most). Like where we’re at with Rucci a lot more than I do with Mims rn. We’re probably top 3 there with PSU and Clemson

Reactions: Mightyvol
Meh, give it time. We were always fighting uphill for this kid anyways. Would be stunned if he goes anywhere except Bama or Georgia. And that’s not because of the staff not doing their job, it’s a kid that just wants to go to a team that’s constantly in the CFP (or in UGAs case, pays the most). Like where we’re at with Rucci a lot more than I do with Mims rn. We’re probably top 3 there with PSU and Clemson
Agreed. Was just saying earlier to compete with them for kids like this, we need to start beating them.

I think Colby Smith is a much more realistic target, and it wouldn't surprise me if we started pushing harder for some in-state kids like Pennington.

Agreed. Was just saying earlier to compete with them for kids like this, we need to start beating them.

I think Colby Smith is a much more realistic target, and it wouldn't surprise me if we started pushing harder for some in-state kids like Pennington.
I get that notion but one game is not gonna make much of a difference. I’m not worried about “having to beat” a top school like that because I know they’re going to at some point this season depending on how they handle the QB situation. We start Bailey, we’re looking at a 9 win season with a win over UGA or Florida. Start JG and I’m not even sure if we beat Troy.

I’d say the OL class right now will be

LT: Nolan Rucci
LG: Terrence Ferguson
C: Dylan Fairchild
RG: William Griffin
RT: Colby Smith

Pennington they see as a nose tackle

If they miss on Rucci, they’ll probably let Griffin play tackle and go after another guard body like Laurence Seymore, Jakiah Leftwich from GA or the Jaleel Davis kid from NC

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
I get that notion but one game is not gonna make much of a difference. I’m not worried about “having to beat” a top school like that because I know they’re going to at some point this season depending on how they handle the QB situation. We start Bailey, we’re looking at a 9 win season with a win over UGA or Florida. Start JG and I’m not even sure if we beat Troy.

If they miss on Rucci, they’ll probably let Griffin play tackle and go after another guard body like Laurence Seymour or the Jared Wilson kid from NC
Haven’t heard anything with Ferguson and I’ll believe Rucci when I see it.

Haven’t heard anything with Ferguson and I’ll believe Rucci when I see it.
You’re not gonna year anything from Ferguson until
He commits. He’s quiet.. doesn’t even have twitter. Last we talked to him was like 2 months ago and he said Tennessee was in his top schools. SC and FSU were the other 2

With Rucci, if there’s one 5 star I could see us stealing it’s him (im not counting Dylan Brooks as a steal). Penn State believe it or not doesn’t do a great job in keeping all the top Pennsylvania kids home. Some good ones, but it’s not like in Alabama where most years the number 1,2,3 players are almost certain staying home (that’s not gonna happen this cycle either). Pitt does a better job at landing PA kids than PSU, actually. We’ll still have to beat Clemson straight up, but we’ve done it before. Did it a few times in 2019 (Fields, Lowe, Crouch)

Last edited:

If they miss on Rucci, they’ll probably let Griffin play tackle and go after another guard body like Laurence Seymore, Jakiah Leftwich from GA or the Jaleel Davis kid from NC
I really like the look of that line. But it's not "just one game". It's a demonstration that the Vols can play with the big boys. I'm not sure we've demonstrated that even when we did beat them under Butch, because then it was a fluky play or Dobbs magic that won us the game. When we beat one of those top teams it will signal that we're back. Kids still see us as a second tier program. Our trajectory seems to be good so some still buy in but by and large the elite kids want to play at elite programs. The only thing in our way of that right now is one or two of those big wins.

Reactions: MrVolton
Well dude it's April 1st and we're in an unprecedented national situation and still we've gotten 2 solid guys this week. It's way premature to label it as such right now.

All I'm saying is we had a 6 game win streak and the momentum from that carried us to a borderline top 10 class any way you look at it. The detractors will say the class should've featured Jarrett, Gilbert, Ojulari and maybe others who were turned off by our awful start.

The logical next step is not just to beat who we should, but beat one of those big teams and show we're real competitors in the East. If we don't take that next step it will be very difficult for our staff to match what they've done in the last 2 years on the trail.
He’s in the little trio of negavols that post the same negative junk constantly every time we seem like we’re whiffing or something stupid.

You’re not gonna year anything from Ferguson until
He commits. He’s quiet.. doesn’t even have twitter. Last we talked to him was like 2 months ago and he said Tennessee was in his top schools. SC and FSU were the other 2

With Rucci, if there’s one 5 star I could see us stealing it’s him (im not counting Dylan Brooks as a steal). Penn State believe it or not doesn’t do a great job in keeping all the top Pennsylvania kids home. Some good ones, but it’s not like in Alabama where most years the number 1,2,3 players are almost certain staying home (that’s not gonna happen this cycle either). Pitt does a better job at landing PA kids than PSU, actually. We’ll still have to beat Clemson straight up, but we’ve done it before. Did it a few times in 2019 (Fields, Lowe, Crouch)

Rivals had a piece on him in the last few days discussing his top 5 and we weren't even mentioned. (Rucci)

How many oline we lose next year, I don't know that we'll take 5 this year.My guess 3-4 but don't know how many are going into their final season.

How many oline we lose next year, I don't know that we'll take 5 this year.My guess 3-4 but don't know how many are going into their final season.
Johnson - SR
Smith - SR
Kennedy - SR
Mays - Very well could leave and go pro
and maybe the occasional transfer

We need for all our top targets to hold off on a commitment long enough for us to put up a substantial win or two. As far as the Vols go, everyone is still clearly in wait and see mode.

He’s in the little trio of negavols that post the same negative junk constantly every time we seem like we’re whiffing or something stupid.

Agreed. But the bluechip ratio is a very real/proven statistic, and currently (1/9) we're doing....not well lol.

Reactions: Chattdawg

VN Store

Back