'21 GA OT Amarius Mims (Georgia commit)

So, I've seen it said that Mims has a better relationship with our players, but their coaches. If that's true, and his primary recruiter is Will Friend, I see that as a problem.
What if he has an absolutely, unbelievably great relationship with Friend...just has better one with Luke?

We have 49 3-stars already on the roster and 13 more in this class, Top 5 classes have half of that.
Thank you. Y’all love to point out the 3 stars who play well but never acknowledge that Bama UGA Clemson Ohio State are all signing about half what we are every year. Oh and those teams are in contention for the playoff every year.

I’ve heard Nueheisel say this MANY times on XM.

He says don’t worry about the ones you don’t get, worry about the ones you do. You have to hit your evals on the kids who do come to your program,

That’s all fine and good but that’s not how a championship program is built. If it were then Chris Petersen would have won championships at Washington. He didn’t. Why? He didn’t get the elite guys like Clemson, Bama and OSU do.

It just blows my mind that we can’t out of nowhere have that miracle season like Ole Miss with freeze and Miss State with Dak and LSU with Joe and Auburn with a DB PLAYING QB.... ONE season like that and we’d be turning 5 stars away! Our classes are good but not elite.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Sounds really simple. But it’s just not. We are just not good enough to beat either team. We can pretend and wish we were but we arent.
We've got a shot at UF. Their talent is closer to ours than Bama or UGA, and we get them at home in December when hopefully it will be colder than a well digger's arse in January.

After this class, we will probably be right there. Actually as of today we are on the verge of that. The issue is cbj’s last class was bad. Once they’re gone (this year basically), that number looks a lot better

Edit: attached article breaks it down well.

Blue-Chip Ratio 2020: The 15 teams who can win a national title
We are 15th in recruiting average on 247 and probably about the same on Rivals. We are losing ground to Alabama, Georgia and others. We need Top 5 classes to narrow the talent variance which was showcased against Georgia. We had a great Spring. Who are the remaining targets that can get us a top 5/top 10 class this year?

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
After this class, we will probably be right there. Actually as of today we are on the verge of that. The issue is cbj’s last class was bad. Once they’re gone (this year basically), that number looks a lot better

I posted earlier, UGA's last 4 classes on the 247 composite were ranked 3, 1, 2 and 1. Our last 4 were 17, 21, 13 and 10. Yes, we are improving every year under Pruitt in recruiting but we've still got a ways to go to compete with elite teams, and unfortunately we play at least 2-3 elite teams per year.

Just keep beating KY, MIZZ, ANDY, SC. Beat the weak west opponents. Find a QB. Win a few big ones. Get to Atlanta if we beat 2/3 of the big three. Bring in top 5 classes. Win the SEC. Go to playoffs. More top 5 classes. Win a National Title. Still trusting Pruitt’s process. But gotta find that QB to take the next step, win a few big games, and win more of these recruiting battles.

Definitely have hope, but not optimistic. Having lived in Cochran with family still there, I know the UGA push is very strong. My Vol orange is not well received when I visit family.

Some of my family is Bama and obnoxious and condescending about it. Once my dad passed, I stopped visiting.

I posted earlier, UGA's last 4 classes on the 247 composite were ranked 3, 1, 2 and 1. Our last 4 were 17, 21, 13 and 10. Yes, we are improving every year under Pruitt in recruiting but we've still got a ways to go to compete with elite teams, and unfortunately we play at least 2-3 elite teams per year.

Last sentence is the worst part. We play uga and ua every year. Considering the state of both their programs now, that sucks balls for a rebuild.

Just keep beating KY, MIZZ, ANDY, SC. Beat the weak west opponents. Find a QB. Win a few big ones. Get to Atlanta if we beat 2/3 of the big three. Bring in top 5 classes. Win the SEC. Go to playoffs. More top 5 classes. Win a National Title. Still trusting Pruitt’s process. But gotta find that QB to take the next step, win a few big games, and win more of these recruiting battles.
We find the QB, all of this falls into place...the next step.

agreed on QB. that's really what this is all about these days.

It's not the end of the world or our program, but let's not pretend this doesn't hurt. We really did need a blue chip OT this class, and it's not looking like that happens. It doesn't mean one of the 3* OTs we have committed doesn't develop, but we really could have used Mims. That's not emotion talking, that's simple logic.

That said, with what we've seen so far, I'm not sure we need to worry about Wanya or Wright leaving after next year. That just means it's an absolute must we hit on a blue chip OT next year.

Thank you. Y’all love to point out the 3 stars who play well but never acknowledge that Bama UGA Clemson Ohio State are all signing about half what we are every year. Oh and those teams are in contention for the playoff every year.
...did anyone say we have or have had a top 5 class? We've been borderline top 10 and and are again. Don't think anyone has argued we are recruiting at a top level yet. Rather, we need to show more on the field to do so.

We are stuck in a chicken/egg situation...yet even that situation was resolved through iterative evolution...not a black and white crossover point. At some point a protochicken laid an egg with the first modern chicken in it. And one day Pruitt will do the same.
3a53b943-b8e2-4864-ba8b-fdcbf0756eba.jpg

Last edited:
Find the QB, and we were competing last year. Not saying winning; but, we are in those games, including that one Saturday.

However, finding the QB could be "a ways to go".

That says you have to have more 4/5 stars than 3 stars and says we are at 40%.

In this class, again we are signing more 3 stars than 4/5 stars so our # would drop, not rise unless we grab a bunch a blue chip guys and drop the 3s.

That article was written when we were on a streak and assumed momentum would continue for us to get blue chip guys. We haven’t, been whiffing but if we can grab Malone (think we will) Green (we lead) Mondon/TID, I will feel much better about this class. Hopefully we flip a 4-star OL as well.

Also, it's okay to be frustrated and express frustration. Simply being frustrated doesn't equate to looking for JP's head. Hell, it's even okay to criticize the coaches, including Pruitt. That's what fans do. That doesn't equate to wanting him fired. Frustration comes from caring. I 100% still think Pruitt is the right guy, but anyone who says they don't want faster results is lying. We all want to be great again.

Also, it's okay to be frustrated and express frustration. Simply being frustrated doesn't equate to looking for JP's head. Hell, it's even okay to criticize the coaches, including Pruitt. That's what fans do. That doesn't equate to wanting him fired. Frustration comes from caring. I 100% still think Pruitt is the right guy, but anyone who says they don't want faster results is lying. We all want to be great again.
I think Pruitt is the guy who can do it. Need a big time QB ASAP.

VN Store

Back