'21 GA OT Amari McNeill

snowvols

Star gazers unite! Whining and moaning and you don't even know the facts. SMH. You bunch think a "top shelf" coach would want to come here. SHEESH!
Whining and moaning about what? That no one else wants him? Its kind of a stretch to think that our coaches are the only ones at a big school that recognize the talent. The kid plays at Peachtree Ridge, he's not exactly hidden and playing somewhere where he would fly under the radar.

utvolmaniac

God Bless The U.S.A.

bignewt

VN's Resident Windbag
Lab Rat
Give me a 5* every time. Go back past 3-4 classes and see how many busts there are. They are getting much better at it.
Yeah so much film this year to watch and with all the camps...it's basically foolproof this prognostication of future success at the next level.

MarcoVol

Give me a 5* every time. Go back past 3-4 classes and see how many busts there are. They are getting much better at it.
I planned on doing this and started with the 2019 class because 2020 class is too soon to tell but I saw that UGA landed FIVE composite 5* in that one class and now I hate everything

The three-star’s primary position is on the offensive line for Peachtree Ridge – who is gearing up for a playoff run – but does play defensive tackle as well. Standing in at 6-foot-4, 280 pounds, McNeill is a force coming off the ball.

That’s something the Tennessee coaching staff noticed and projected well to the other side of the ball.

“They really like that I can play anywhere on the line,” the prospect said of the Vols. “They said I have good size and athleticism, and that I play with good physicality.”

Surprisingly, that was the first conversation McNeil held with the Tennessee program. Since the offer, the two sides have begun the relationship-building process.

“I’ve been on the phone with them a lot, both coach Pruitt and [Derrick] Ansley,” McNeill said. “They’ve been talking with my family, too.

“I know that coach Pruitt is one of the best defensive coaches in the country and that he is building a great class. They’ve got some good commits in some key areas. I’d like to be a part of that.”

Though his background is on the offensive side, the hopeful-defensive tackle uses that to his advantage.

“Playing offense really helps with my hand placement on defense. I know how to move people, so it’s easy for me to know what to expect,” McNeill said. “Playing offensive line and run blocking really helps with my get-off on defense.”
- VQ

VN Store

Sponsors