'22 GA OT Addison Nichols (Tennessee signee)

For a while I thought this guy was going to be the first in the boat for '22.

Nichols, a four-star Class of 2022 offensive lineman from Greater Atlanta Christian School in Norcross, Ga., said he has been “really impressed” with Heupel’s staff so far, and his interest in the Vols is “definitely making a comeback.” He referred to them on multiple occasions last year as one of the teams standing out most to him, and he said they have now “made it back up there.”

“It did waver a little bit,” said Nichols, who’s ranked the No. 89 overall prospect and No. 9 offensive tackle in the 2022 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. “It wasn’t anything to do with the season. It was, with everything that had gone on — everyone getting fired and all of that crazy stuff going on up there.

“But it’s definitely making a comeback with the new staff. I’m really impressed with them, and I’m enjoying creating a relationship with them. And I’m excited to get up there and meet them, so it’s definitely going back up the list, for sure.”

The 6-foot-5, 310-pound Nichols grew up attending football and basketball games at Tennessee, his mother’s alma mater, and has spent plenty of time in Knoxville, Tenn., visiting his grandparents. He said last year that he had been to “definitely a lot” of football and basketball games at Tennessee with his grandfather over the years, and the Vols have hosted him on a handful of visits.
-Callahan

Regarding Tennessee: “Just in my conversations I really like them. They have a really, really impressive track record and they’re really fun to speak with. You can tell it’s more than just recruitment. They genuinely seem to care and I’m impressed with their program and impressed with what they can do.”
Wiltfong 247

Kid wants to be a Vol so badly. If we give him even a glimmer of hope, he’s in the boat. Let’s go, Heupel!

Reactions: VOLSONLY

VN Store

Back