'22 GA OT Addison Nichols (Tennessee signee)

Good. Will be our highest rated commit once this class is finished. Not a bad thing, hope we coach them up.

That’s what we should expect and what it will take IMO…I think a class of 8-12 four stars with 2-4 of them being in the 5.9-6.0 range per Rivals would be an excellent class all things considered…it would almost certainly land in the top 15 consensus…

A few of those classes that are actually coached up will result in 8-10 wins a season and ultimately lead to higher rated classes and more wins…IMO

Nichols will have his entire family including some extended family in to enjoy the visit. Ohio State and USC appear to be the biggest threat to Tennessee. He arrived in town on Thursday to hang out with his grandparents who live in Knoxville and un-officially came by to see the Vols staff.
VQ

Nichols will have his entire family including some extended family in to enjoy the visit. Ohio State and USC appear to be the biggest threat to Tennessee. He arrived in town on Thursday to hang out with his grandparents who live in Knoxville and un-officially came by to see the Vols staff.
VQ
USC jr or West?

Reactions: allvolrecruiting
Start in the trenches.

iu

But with the four-star Class of 2022 offensive lineman from Greater Atlanta Christian School in Norcross, Ga., now focusing on a handful of teams, including the Vols, he’s still hoping to get a better feel for everything they have to offer this weekend during his official visit to Tennessee. He said that mostly involves spending time with first-year Vols coach Josh Heupel’s staff.

“It’s really just the people and getting to know their scheme and program,” Nichols said Thursday night leading up to the start of his official visit to Knoxville on Friday.

There was a time earlier this year when Tennessee wasn’t assured of hosting the 6-foot-5, 305-pound Nichols on an official visit, at least in part because of his familiarity with the Vols. But he said he decided to use one of his five official visits to return to Tennessee so he could spend time with Heupel, offensive line coach Glen Elarbee and others on the Vols’ staff, along with their current players.

“They’ve got a lot of new people in, so I just thought an official (visit) would be better because I’d be able to spend a lot more time with them, get 48 hours and get to do a lot more stuff,” said Nichols, who’s ranked the No. 104 overall prospect and No. 3 interior offensive lineman in the 2022 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.

“I’m excited for it, and I’ll also be able to — I’m not sure who my player host is yet — but I’ll be able to get in with the group of guys and spend some time with them, so meeting the guys will be good.”

Nichols has strong family ties to Tennessee and the Knoxville area. His mother is a UT graduate, and his grandparents live in Knoxville. His grandfather is a longtime Tennessee season-ticket holder, and Nichols has joined him in attending a number of the Vols’ games over the years.

He told 247Sports’ Kipp Adams last month that Tennessee and USC had “done the best job recruiting me heading into these visits.” Nichols reiterated Thursday that the Vols and Trojans had recruited him “a lot harder” than his other top choices, adding that Heupel’s staff has “done a great job” of making him a priority.

“They called me the day they got the job,” Nichols said. “They came up to Tennessee and, the same day that they got the job, they called me and they’ve been talking to me since. They’ve been on me hard.”
-Callahan

While he said his family connections to Tennessee are “definitely a positive” for the Vols, and he admitted his mother “would love to see me at Tennessee,” he added that his parents are “staying out of it” as much as possible and letting him make his own decision. He said his family ties to Knoxville “won’t be a huge factor, because I have family down in Florida and stuff,” along with “family in Georgia.”

Maybe mom wins out in the end

VN Store

Back