'22 GA OT Addison Nichols (Tennessee signee)

OK... So Heupel can't recruit and UT has a toxic "brand"... but this kid is interested in UT... along with those other 4?

Somehow that really doesn't line up....
I really do hope Heupel proves himself to be a good recruiter. The situation he’s in is tough. It’s impressive he’s even getting guys like this to visit in the situation we’re in. I think it’s a good sign.

I really do hope Heupel proves himself to be a good recruiter. The situation he’s in is tough. It’s impressive he’s even getting guys like this to visit in the situation we’re in. I think it’s a good sign.
If you are talking about sanctions, every one of those teams on his list have had some sort of penalties and survived. No reason UT should fear, or play down to anything NCAA. Most of that is just in our fans' heads.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
If you are talking about sanctions, every one of those teams on his list have had some sort of penalties and survived. No reason UT should fear, or play down to anything NCAA. Most of that is just in our fans' heads.
But none of the teams on the list are going through sanctions NOW. Of course Tennessee will survive the sanctions, but it may be rough until we are on the other side.

OK... So Heupel can't recruit and UT has a toxic "brand"... but this kid is interested in UT... along with those other 4?

Somehow that really doesn't line up....
I don't think you can really answer that question until he starts actually landing some of these kids. Being in the mix is great, our name brand alone will allow us to be in the mix with plenty of decent recruits. But can he get us to the finish line and close is the question. I think alot of the upper tier talent will want to see what he can do on the field in a big time conference first. JMO of course.

Reactions: sjt18
I don't think you can really answer that question until he starts actually landing some of these kids. Being in the mix is great, our name brand alone will allow us to be in the mix with plenty of decent recruits. But can he get us to the finish line and close is the question. I think alot of the upper tier talent will want to see what he can do on the field in a big time conference first. JMO of course.
Agree. And I'm not ready to declare him a success either. But there are too many who have already written him off.

1. TENNESSEE
There are a lot of connections between Nichols and Tennessee and it would be no surprise if the Vols won out in his recruitment. His mother went to school there and his grandparents still live in Knoxville and so those could be major considerations for Nichols but certainly not the only ones. The four-star had a strong relationship with former coach Jeremy Pruitt and he’s in the early stages of getting to know new coach Josh Heupel and offensive line coach Glen Elarbee. It’s going well and an official visit is coming up so Tennessee is definitely one of the top contenders.
Rivals still has UT as the top choice for Nichols, I agree.

VN Store

Back