'22 GA OT Addison Nichols (Tennessee signee)

Last month, Nichols told GoVols247 that he probably would use his fifth and final official visit to take another look at Tennessee sometime after his four previously scheduled visits. He said at the time that he decided to set his visits in that order because he “wanted to see them last.” He has visited the Vols at least a handful of times in the past.

Nichols grew up attending football and basketball games at Tennessee, his mother’s alma mater, and has spent plenty of time in Knoxville, Tenn., visiting his grandparents. His family ties to the Vols and the Knoxville area have made them a strong contender for him over the past two years, and they have remained heavily involved with him since first-year coach Josh Heupel's hiring in late January.

The change to his visit schedule, he said, had to do with his grandfather.

"My grandfather turns 87 that week and it's Father's Day, so we thought that would be a great time to go," Nichols said. "He's done a lot for me and he's been a big UT fan for years."

While Nichols admitted his interest in Tennessee had started to waver at one point following former Vols coach Jeremy Pruitt’s firing in January, Nichols said in February that his interest in the program was “definitely making a comeback.”

His frequent contact with Heupel’s staff, led by offensive line coach Glen Elarbee and Heupel, has helped Tennessee again emerge as one of the top contenders for him.

"It's been great," Nichols said. "I speak with Coach Elarbee a lot and good bit with Coach Heupel, as well. I'm very impressed with what they are doing and how they are handling things."
-Callahan

I believe he will be a Vol. Coach Elarbee is the real deal. The reason we have a chance to win 9 games this year again chance is because the Vol Oline will be one of the best. Addison understands this and is lifelong fan. Of course the QB will ultimately control win total but the QB will have good line play. In CHRIST Alone

I believe he will be a Vol. Coach Elarbee is the real deal. The reason we have a chance to win 9 games this year again chance is because the Vol Oline will be one of the best. Addison understands this and is lifelong fan. Of course the QB will ultimately control win total but the QB will have good line play. In CHRIST Alone
Boy are you setting yourself up for disappointment.

VN Store

Back