'21 GA OLB Smael Mondon (georgia commit)

GUYS. I know people are bummed about last Saturday and Mims. That said, we still have an excellent defensive haul coming in and that is what Pruitt and DA are known for. I could care less if we last another elite recruit on offense this year...look at our defensive class at the moment headlined by Brooks, Lewis, Willis, and more. If we can land just 2 of Malone, Nyland, this kid, or TID, our D is on track to being ELITE. Then it won't matter how many Amarius Mims' UGA has on the o-line. Hand it to Cody Brown 25 times and have Bailey tossing dimes in 2 years. If our O-Line blows, put in Salter and let him make people look silly on the boundary. We are fine.

Love the optimism. I don’t want to be a Debbie downer, but look at the rosters. No matter how elite we turn out to be, the UGAs and Bama’s will be more elite. Unfortunately until they fall I think our ceiling is beating up mid and lower tier SEC teams while hoping to keep it competitive with the elite teams.

And I really really hope I’m wrong.

Love the optimism. I don’t want to be a Debbie downer, but look at the rosters. No matter how elite we turn out to be, the UGAs and Bama’s will be more elite. Unfortunately until they fall I think our ceiling is beating up mid and lower tier SEC teams while hoping to keep it competitive with the elite teams.

And I really really hope I’m wrong.
Better teams get upset every year. Heck south carolina beat georgia last year.

The culture has changed. They expect to win. We just lack the depth right now. Program is in the right place and it's coming along. Patience is tough after all this fan base has been through but I'm much more content now than I ever was with butch or Dooley.

GUYS. I know people are bummed about last Saturday and Mims. That said, we still have an excellent defensive haul coming in and that is what Pruitt and DA are known for. I could care less if we last another elite recruit on offense this year...look at our defensive class at the moment headlined by Brooks, Lewis, Willis, Evans, and McGhee. Pulled Big O, Dominic Bailey and Key last year which is HUGE. If we can land just 2 of Malone, Nyland, this kid, or TID, our D is on track to being ELITE. Then it won't matter how many Amarius Mims' UGA has on the o-line. Hand it to Cody Brown 25 times and have Bailey tossing dimes in 2 years. If our O-Line blows, put in Salter and let him make people look silly on the boundary. We are fine.
🧡

How sad are you to post something like this?
i'm not sad at all. the point was....our performance did have something to do with the opponent we played............so, the good news is we aren't gonna see UGA coming out of the tunnel.....

in fact, i'm not sure why anyone is sad/mad. this just in............georgia is better than us. lol.

also, just hot off the presses.....the key to the 2020 season was going to depend on what kind of jump, or not, JG would make in the off season......

and it was still 23-21 headed in to the 4th qtr.....

7 games to go...

i'm not sad at all. the point was....our performance did have something to do with the opponent we played............so, the good news is we aren't gonna see UGA coming out of the tunnel.....

in fact, i'm not sure why anyone is sad/mad. this just in............georgia is better than us. lol.

also, just hot off the presses.....the key to the 2020 season was going to depend on what kind of jump, or not, JG would make in the off season......

and it was still 23-21 headed in to the 4th qtr.....

7 games to go...
Also, I think Georgia was holding some defensive plays back that they didn't want Alabama to see. Then they realized they had to win the game they were in first and they unloaded the play book.

Also, I think Georgia was holding some defensive plays back that they didn't want Alabama to see. Then they realized they had to win the game they were in first and they unloaded the play book.
that would purely speculative....i'll just say this...even in the first half when things were going well, it's not like we' moved up and down the field.....

i think they were a little surprised at how many problems our defense caused them.....even though they piled up yardage, we stopped the run game in key spots, we rushed the passer and affected the QB in key spots, and like i said, physically, in the goal line situations, they didn't push us around.....at the end of the day, you still have to go execute.

that would purely speculative....i'll just say this...even in the first half when things were going well, it's not like we' moved up and down the field.....

i think they were a little surprised at how many problems our defense caused them.....even though they piled up yardage, we stopped the run game in key spots, we rushed the passer and affected the QB in key spots, and like i said, physically, in the goal line situations, they didn't push us around.....at the end of the day, you still have to go execute.

Also would've been helpful if Johnson hadn't been ejected in the first couple of minutes of the game.

I agree with you. Our defense definitely caught them off guard and they unfortunately just ran outta gas after playing so much. They definitely made me proud tho.

I agree with you. Our defense definitely caught them off guard and they unfortunately just ran outta gas after playing so much. They definitely made me proud tho.
Yeah they played tough until they were gassed. Looked like a real Pruitt defense out there for a nice stretch. Definitely made me proud. Goal line stance, 3 and outs immediately after our offense turned it over back to back.

I was basing it on the number and type of blitzs I saw in the second versus the first half

Reactions: VolsSince78

We definitely played good situational defense. Just surprised we gave up soo many yards, plus penalties, in 1 half. And the number of points we could only allow in the entire game if we wanted a chance to win vs the #1 defense. Didn't see that coming from a seasoned Pruitt defense, especially vs a guy named Stetson haha (yeah he's ok...still...his name is Stetson!).

So far we've faced Stetson, Connor Bazelak, and Collin Hill...all 3 of whom not a soul had heard of in August. I think Sham will get back on track....then it is on LB pass defense too.

Pass D is the main thing keeping us from having a top 25 kind of defense this year, which we could still pull off. Think we will progress like we did last year, which gives hope.

Pass D is the main thing keeping us from having a top 25 kind of defense this year, which we could still pull off. Think we will progress like we did last year, which gives hope.
I think the defense will improve as well. They've been solid and shown promise, GA was their best game of the year considering the challenge of some of their skill guys. But there are some tougher qb's we face down the road. I would be ecstatic if we finished with a top 20 to 30 defense.

I was basing it on the number and type of blitzs I saw in the second versus the first half
situations changed in teh 2nd half. we weren't necessarily winning the field position battle to begin with, but you start turning the ball over in bad field position like we did, that changes how you look at risk/reward on the defensive side of hte ball.

we chose, for lack of a better term, death by 1000 cuts in the 2nd half, whereas in the 1st half, situationally we were able to cause them problems, especially on 3rd downs.

anyway, i'm not proclaiming our defense is great...but the don't suck....we can work wiht that defense.....if our offense ever finds another gear or two....or three....................................

We definitely played good situational defense. Just surprised we gave up soo many yards, plus penalties, in 1 half. And the number of points we could only allow in the entire game if we wanted a chance to win vs the #1 defense. Didn't see that coming from a seasoned Pruitt defense, especially vs a guy named Stetson haha (yeah he's ok...still...his name is Stetson!).

So far we've faced Stetson, Connor Bazelak, and Collin Hill...all 3 of whom not a soul had heard of in August. I think Sham will get back on track....then it is on LB pass defense too.

situational defense...yep. agreed.

i think what changed things the most in the 2nd half was the turnoves and resultant field position for UGA. and you do that multiple times in a single half, our defense was on the field most of the 2nd half....

anyway....i appreciated the effort on defense. they came to play. they did not get enough help.

Whatever...

It's now going to be about holding on to prospects that are committed.
Agreed 100%. I would start playing HB and the young wrs and maybe the other freshmen that are ready and maybe make a public announcement that gonna start preparing for the future and maybe that covers for the poor play at a few positions which you would expect from freshmen(expect HB he is super human).

Last edited:

VN Store

Back