'21 GA OLB Smael Mondon (georgia commit)

Actually, the NCAA should hire some private detectives that are assigned to all 5 stars.
The detectives worm their way into the recruit and the family’s social circle.
Appearing to help, he asks them this magical question, “which schools might be willing to help y’all out a little bit”? Get it on tape which ones and how much. Then hammer those schools with loss of scholarships and bowl games.
This is the only way that paying for players will ever end.
Lol! That would be as tough as someone going undercover to infiltrate the Mob. May work one time, but never a 2nd time.

Shoot. I may hit you up for that bad boy, if you would part with it. I actually will have a man cave(loft) once my new house is finished in October, it’ll be a great piece to start my Tennessee wall off with.
I too will have a man cave one day, if I can ever get up enough nerve to kick my wife out!
Maybe she’ll kick me out and I can turn my soccer mom beer van, into a mobile man cave.🤔
GBO!!

Other than the money they hand out, what the hell does Auburn really have going for it? Of course I'm biased, but I'd much rather play for our coaches than Auburn's any day of the week. And it's hard for me to imagine anyone preferring Auburn, AL, to Knoxville, TN. I'm not saying we're a destination city, but we're much more so than Auburn, AL. I guess that brings me to the question, just how much money are they offering this kid?

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Other than the money they hand out, what the hell does Auburn really have going for it? Of course I'm biased, but I'd much rather play for our coaches than Auburn's any day of the week. And it's hard for me to imagine anyone preferring Auburn, AL, to Knoxville, TN. I'm not saying we're a destination city, but we're much more so than Auburn, AL. I guess that brings me to the question, just how much money are they offering this kid?

Auburn’s recruiting pitch is “we are so close to making it over the top. Will you be the one that gets us there?” literally on repeat since Gus got there. Without the money kids and parents would’ve stopped listening a long time ago.

Reactions: tn4elvis

Aside from all the dirty stuff (they are just about the dirtiest program in the country), they are still hanging their hat on recent success and the fact that their HC was OC last time they won it all. Our HC has multiple championships under his belt as DC. Literally the only things we are missing as a program is recent success and NFL production.

We are finally starting to win our fair share of these battles vs. Auburn, and it is about time. This is the next first step toward competing with the UGA’s and Bama’s.

Florida and Alabama are the only programs I hate worse than Auburn, and it’s a close race. On the flip side, there is a significant gap between those three and the rest of my list.

Last edited:
Auburn has also had much more recent success beating ranked teams than Tennessee. It probably speaks to recruits when they see Auburn handing Alabama an L every now and then or beating Oregon on a neutral site to start the season. Once Tennessee starts winning a few of those games, we'll see even more recruits start picking us.

VN Store

Back