'21 GA OLB Smael Mondon (georgia commit)

"I have a good relationship with all the coaches at Tennessee," Mondon said. "When I've been ups there it has a home vibe to it and I feel comfortable there. I think those are the main things that stand out about Tennessee."

The relationship with Niedermeyer started over a year ago when Niedermeyer was the tight ends coach. Now he coaches linebackers and not only being the lead recruiter, but potential position coach is a solid for the Vols.

"He's a cool dude," Mondon said. "He's easy to talk to and the fact he would be coaching me is good."

"I've improved a lot," Mondon said. "I've grown into my body and grown into being a worker that showcases the work you put into something. I'm faster and stronger. I'm a much smoother player now because it's more natural and comfortable."

"I want to find.a school that I have a good relationship with he coaching staff," Mondon said. "A place I have a good vibe about, but the ability to trust the coaches is big to me. I'm looking at the depth chart at each school and I'm looking to see what schools are going in the right direction."
price

If he’s looking at the depth chart this is the place. Different positions but Henry T is the only real proven LB we have now. Roman and Crouch will be good but will have a lot of freshman like Morven contributing this year I’d say.

If he’s looking at the depth chart this is the place. Different positions but Henry T is the only real proven LB we have now. Roman and Crouch will be good but will have a lot of freshman like Morven contributing this year I’d say.

Ideally you want 8 stud LBs to have this defense eating right every Saturday.

We have 1 stud and 6 other really promising guys. Bennett is probably # 2, and Crouch # 3 right now.

DeAndre Johnson is a SR who looks the part, and has played a lot. But he just hasn't produced enough. He hasn't been awful...hasn't been good either. Would love for him to have a Travis Stephens type magical senior year.

Ideally you want 8 stud LBs to have this defense eating right every Saturday.

We have 1 stud and 6 other really promising guys. Bennett is probably # 2, and Crouch # 3 right now.

DeAndre Johnson is a SR who looks the part, and has played a lot. But he just hasn't produced enough. He hasn't been awful...hasn't been good either. Would love for him to have a Travis Stephens type magical senior year.

Wow, didn't know DJ was in the RB room now.

We stacked!

Last edited:
Reactions: ionaVOL
Amazing what getting a guy like Henry T in here and him having huge success as a freshman will do for recruiting. Especially people of the same position group. I really think that's at play a lot here. These kids love the coaches but they love seeing the development of players and they also like playing with other great players.

Amazing what getting a guy like Henry T in here and him having huge success as a freshman will do for recruiting. Especially people of the same position group. I really think that's at play a lot here. These kids love the coaches but they love seeing the development of players and they also like playing with other great players.
it is doing for recruiting*

we just need a DE, OT and CB.

Call it a year.

“I could see it going either way, so it’s not really like I’m, like, saying it’s going to be December, saying I’m going to do it before,” said Mondon, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the No. 9 overall prospect and No. 1 outside linebacker in the 2021 class.
“It could go either way.”

Tennessee has made him one of its top priorities for months, led by inside linebackers coach Brian Niedermeyer, and he said “my relationship with Coach Niedermeyer” is one of the main reasons he’s still giving the Vols strong consideration.

“And then I feel like their program, it’s going in a good direction,” Mondon said.

Mondon said he also has built a good relationship with Tennessee head coach Jeremy Pruitt.

“He’s a cool dude, too,” Mondon said of Pruitt. “He’s a real genuine guy, so I feel like I can really talk to him and trust him.”

“(I like) just the feeling from their coaches, the vibe they let off,” he said. “They make you feel, like, wanted, so that’s good.”
callahan

VN Store

Back