'21 GA OLB Smael Mondon (georgia commit)

Basically, they both can play inside or out depending on the play call. If you’re facing a spread it out and gun team banks is your better bet due to his ability to move and cover and just let Q take off after the qb as well as setting an edge to force the play back inside.
Ah, yes. Thanks for some clarification. Playing safety when I was actually on defense, it was basically see ball & hit ball.. 🤷‍♂️ And if they get past you, run like hell and make sure they don’t get too far downfield.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
Ah, yes. Thanks for some clarification. Playing safety when I was actually on defense, it was basically see ball & hit ball.. 🤷‍♂️ And if they get past you, run like hell and make sure they don’t get too far downfield.
These other kids coming though may shake it up, specifically Joseph. If his body is right then he will bring a level of rushing speed we haven’t had. Probably more specialized package like 3rd and long but Baron as well can shake it up too.

These other kids coming though may shake it up, specifically Joseph. If his body is right then he will bring a level of rushing speed we haven’t had. Probably more specialized package like 3rd and long but Baron as well can shake it up too.
Joseph=Guided missile at end or outside backer.

Could see that. Weren’t they talking about maybe wildcat with him and holiday?
It’s been mentioned in one of the podcasts, the really exciting part about how we are recruiting is we can debate how different pieces are going to be used yet they will be really good wherever they get positioned... due to the amount of athleticism we could power I and run it down their throats or play spread with our receivers with rpo involved. Same as the defense, imagine short yardage defense with the linebackers being Q, HT, Bryson... that’s some hard fast hitting beef.

It’s been mentioned in one of the podcasts, the really exciting part about how we are recruiting is we can debate how different pieces are going to be used yet they will be really good wherever they get positioned... due to the amount of athleticism we could power I and run it down their throats or play spread with our receivers with rpo involved. Same as the defense, imagine short yardage defense with the linebackers being Q, HT, Bryson... that’s some hard fast hitting beef.

So true. One thing is for sure, our defense should always be fresh. Our 2 deep is just as legit as our 1. So there are no excuses for an exhausted defense.

I’m looking for it but I dunno if JJ plays with Bank’s coming back.

That's crazy to me that Banks can switch to LB and be ahead of JJ, who was a top 100 player in his class.

I do like Banks at LB tho. His motor and agression is perfect for LB. He just need experience at the position. Damn I can't wait for the season to start.

That's crazy to me that Banks can switch to LB and be ahead of JJ, who was a top 100 player in his class.

I do like Banks at LB tho. His motor and agression is perfect for LB. He just need experience at the position. Damn I can't wait for the season to start.
Banks was ahead of JJ last year..... I would love for JJ to put it all together though. Maybe he will.

So true. One thing is for sure, our defense should always be fresh. Our 2 deep is just as legit as our 1. So there are no excuses for an exhausted defense.
Absolutely, our defense will not make opponents happy they’re playing us. Yards can start coming at a painful price again.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Absolutely, our defense will not make opponents happy they’re playing us. Yards can start coming at a painful price again.
It was very noticeable last year. Our defense had multiple packages for different situations and it was nice to see fresh bodies come out on the field. Plus it is great for recruiting.

Hey come to Tennessee you are going to have a chance to play right away because guess what.... we switch out personnel constantly to keep our guys fresh. I think it is the biggest reason we have had so much success recruiting defensive players.

Banks was ahead of JJ last year..... I would love for JJ to put it all together though. Maybe he will.
JJ is going to be that player that it finally clicks his senior year and balls out into a decent draft pick leaving us scratching our heads like WERE THE HELL DID THAT COME FROM? 😂

JJ is going to be that player that it finally clicks his senior year and balls out into a decent draft pick leaving us scratching our heads like WERE THE HELL DID THAT COME FROM? 😂
What’s good is this extended absence from practice has hopefully allowed his body to fully recover from all his injuries.

What’s good is this extended absence from practice has hopefully allowed his body to fully recover from all his injuries.
True, I honestly don’t know why the NCAA doesn’t adopt the NFL format this year in June can be “voluntary” workouts and July is your mandatory OTA camp then roll it into full pad 15 schedule practices of August. Way more beneficial and allows teams to be up to speed for a competitive season.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
True, I honestly don’t know why the NCAA doesn’t adopt the NFL format this year in June can be “voluntary” workouts and July is your mandatory OTA camp then roll it into full pad 15 schedule practices of August. Way more beneficial and allows teams to be up to speed for a competitive season.
Agreed. But I assume they think athletes should get months alone to themselves and their families..... although, athletes don’t operate like that anyways it’s better for them to do what you said and would also like you said make teams a lot more competitive across the board.

Reactions: DarkAvenger
How many games did Banks play last year before being dismissed from the team? Is his RS still available?

VN Store

Back