'21 GA OLB Smael Mondon (georgia commit)

He had a good S&C coach in Lawson combined with the guys playing hard for him the first two seasons and Josh Dobbs' ability to make plays. He booted Lawson for no good reason, the injuries mounted, guy started to quit and then it all fell apart when Dobbs left. Honestly, Butch probably doesn't make it to a third season without Dobbs.
Iirc there was a reason for Lawson. He was way too good to just let go. There was rumor of some type of indiscretion.

Iirc there was a reason for Lawson. He was way too good to just let go. There was rumor of some type of indiscretion.
He was big on discipline and not much on personality. Butch was trying to reinvent himself on the narrative that he always backed his people over the players. So when the veterans connected with Szerszen and wanted him in charge, Butch took the leap that backfired.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
He was big on discipline and not much on personality. Butch was trying to reinvent himself on the narrative that he always backed his people over the players. So when the veterans connected with Szerszen and wanted him in charge, Butch took the leap that backfired.
Oh yeah, "player led workouts" 😂🤣😃

Just for comparison

Fulmer S/C vs Butch S/C

Even Peyton was jacked

View attachment 284497

lol I remember running into Peyton (literally) at the library one time (actual library, not the one on the strip).

I was in a hurry headed for the AV room, head down, overloaded by a full backpack, and just as I get to the door going into the hallway from the big main hall, it opens up and I can’t stop my momentum toward the guy coming out, and we meet abruptly in the doorway.

My head was still down and I blurted out an automatic “oh s***, sorry” and as I started to look up I saw a tight tshirt wrapped around a bit of a jacked chest and a couple guns on either side.

My immediate instinctive thought was ah crap, is this gonna be some meathead that I’m gonna have to tangle with? But before I could process that thought, I finished raising up my eyes and saw Peyton Manning’s head up on top of those shoulders.

I still remember my confusion. Other than one late night at the Waffle House on Papermill when he first got to town, the only other times I’d seen Peyton was on the field next to a bunch of bigass linemen, so I’d only ever thought of him as a tall lanky dude.

I must have had an apparent confused look on my face because he looked at me kind of oddly as we did our excuse-me’s and he continued on. But I still remember walking down the little hallway afterward thinking “that was Peyton?”

And now, of course, I think about the one run-in I ever had with the dude and how all I did was look at him funny. Nice.

lol I remember running into Peyton (literally) at the library one time (actual library, not the one on the strip).

I was in a hurry headed for the AV room, head down, overloaded by a full backpack, and just as I get to the door going into the hallway from the big main hall, it opens up and I can’t stop my momentum toward the guy coming out, and we meet abruptly in the doorway.

My head was still down and I blurted out an automatic “oh s***, sorry” and as I started to look up I saw a tight tshirt wrapped around a bit of a jacked chest and a couple guns on either side.

My immediate instinctive thought was ah crap, is this gonna be some meathead that I’m gonna have to tangle with? But before I could process that thought, I finished raising up my eyes and saw Peyton Manning’s head up on top of those shoulders.

I still remember my confusion. Other than one late night at the Waffle House on Papermill when he first got to town, the only other times I’d seen Peyton was on the field next to a bunch of bigass linemen, so I’d only ever thought of him as a tall lanky dude.

I must have had an apparent confused look on my face because he looked at me kind of oddly as we did our excuse-me’s and he continued on. But I still remember walking down the little hallway afterward thinking “that was Peyton?”

And now, of course, I think about the one run-in I ever had with the dude and how all I did was look at him funny. Nice.
That’s a great story, man. Thanks for sharing that!

VN Store

Back