'22 GA EDGE Joshua Josephs (Tennessee signee)

Joshua Josephs leads the small list of official visitors this weekend. Josephs has continued to have excellent dialogue with Brian Jean Mary and Mike Ekeler. He has been to Michigan multiple times and while he may very well end up there, he has yet to commit to the Wolverines privately per multiple people we have spoken to this week.
vq

He hasn't committed to Michigan, and they are enjoying a good season so far. I expect that to change.

When this kid has a good time this weekend, and distance from home is consideted, I expect Tennessee comes out of this weekend feeling good.

We will see if I'm right...
Yep. Also, he hasn't been to Ann Arbor in the Winter time.

Reactions: Freak and Carp
“I enjoyed everything honestly," Josephs said of the visit. "When we got to the game, it was amazing seeing them warm up and come out in their black uniforms. The environment for a 12:00 game was awesome. Just imagine what it will be like when it’s truly packed out like next weekend against Ole Miss. I liked everything I saw.”

"We just click well overall," Josephs said. "I don’t know which visit was better between Tennessee or Michigan. I clicked with both.

“I’m messing with Tennessee. They’re right up there with Michigan. I like Tennessee.”

“I feel like the defense overall in the first quarter: amazing," Jospehs said. "Did good in the first half and then in the third quarter they let up a little, but they picked it back up in the fourth quarter.”

Tennessee is recruiting Jospehs to play its LEO position on defense. He's certainly a fan of how he would be used if he were to pick the Vols, as well as the vibes he's picked up from linebackers coach Brian Jean-Mary and Heupel.

“Coach Jean-Mary is a friendly dude," Josephs said. "A family dude and treats us like we’re family. His character, you can just see it in the way he speaks, in everything. He’s just a good dude. We talk about life, it’s not just all football.

“Coach Heupel is an amazing dude. Has great character. He’s a fun dude.”

Jospehs had originally intended on making a decision on Oct. 1. Now as he looks to make a decision in mid-November, playing time and what's currently on the depth chart at a school is something he'll be keeping an eye on.

As for distance, he's not sure if that will factor into his decision with Michigan in the fold.

“Everybody in my family wants to be able to see me play," Jospehs said. "It’s all me. They all want me to make my own decision.”
-VQ

Vol

It does seem like he likes Michigan alot, but being closer to home I like things swinging our way in the end. Our staff and play along with our fan base has recruits liking what they see. We need Josephs for sure, would love to get him and Pearce playing time is there for anyone good enough right now. And we are on the rise, we need a strong finish down the stretch it will win us some good ballplayers come signing day. GBO!!!!

Josephs has been quiet lately, but I think it’s still a very close race at this point. No one claims to have a great feel for what he’s thinking at the moment, but before his official visit to Tennessee last month, a lot of people thought he was leaning toward Michigan. That seems to have died down a bit lately, though, and now I think Tennessee is more optimistic about its chances. I still could see it going either way, but there’s a reason to think the Vols could win out in the end. They’re trying to get him back on campus Nov. 13 for their home game against Georgia.
callahan

VN Store

Back