'22 GA EDGE Joshua Josephs (Tennessee signee)

Got some insider info or just a feeling?

I thought he would’ve jumped in the boat already based on what I heard a few weeks ago. I think I posted on the forum that I expected someone to jump in the boat and then no one did. This was the player. But that was weeks ago and I haven’t talked to my contact in a little bit. Not gonna nag him during camp.

“The main front-runners, honestly, if I was to close my recruitment right now, it would have to be South Carolina, Michigan, Tennessee, Kentucky, Auburn and Penn State,” Josephs told Niebuhr.

As he prepares to announce his decision on Oct. 1, he said he’s “going to narrow it before then — probably down to four.”

Josephs, who has received scholarship offers from more than 25 schools, said “Michigan, Tennessee and probably South Carolina” are the three teams “recruiting me the hardest.”

The Vols, who extended an offer to him more than five months ago, have continued to make him a priority. He said they have made it clear to him recently that they want him and one of the newest Class of 2022 targets — Carlton Madden of Cedar Grove High School in Ellenwood, Ga. — to address their need for edge rushers.

“They want to get me and CJ Madden,” said Josephs, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the No. 16 edge rusher in the 2022 class and the No. 29 senior from the state of Georgia.

“They want us. CJ Madden, he plays at Cedar Grove right now. He’s an outside linebacker. They want to get me and him. We’ve been talking. It’s cool.

“And I’m also decent friends with Mo Clipper from Milton — the O-lineman committed there — and they’re trying to bring, like, a whole team out of Georgia, really.”
Josephs said he’s looking forward to experiencing the game-day environment at Tennessee when he returns there next month.

“I’ve been there multiple times,” he said. “I’ve been there twice, I’m pretty sure. Now I really just want to see how the visit’s going to be, how it would be on game day and stuff. That’s what I’m just expecting to see — how it is up there.”
-Callahan

Just watched his film and I really like it. But I have to ask: does anyone have any idea how well spoken this young man is?
I know the "well spoken" thing has become a running joke here, but bringing in intelligent kids with high football IQs will be very important in this class and the next. Due to all the attrition, there will be a lot of kids depended on immediately for depth purposes. They won't have 2 or 3 years to learn the system. They'll need to pick it up quickly. Being well spoken and having offers from schools like Stanford and Northwestern show a certain level of intelligence. This is not as important at positions like WR or RB, but at nearly every other position being a student of the game helps you see the field faster. Otherwise you'll purely be on special teams or a situational type player.

I know the "well spoken" thing has become a running joke here, but bringing in intelligent kids with high football IQs will be very important in this class and the next. Due to all the attrition, there will be a lot of kids depended on immediately for depth purposes. They won't have 2 or 3 years to learn the system. They'll need to pick it up quickly. Being well spoken and having offers from schools like Stanford and Northwestern show a certain level of intelligence. This is not as important at positions like WR or RB, but at nearly every other position being a student of the game helps you see the field faster. Otherwise you'll purely be on special teams or a situational type player.
Very well-spoken of you.

For those of you that saw my post in the CJ Madden thread about highlights, I think Joseph’s highlights look way better. Anyone who knows film well have an opinion? Trying to learn

"..they’re trying to bring, like, a whole team out of Georgia, really.” -Callahan
somewhere, Deon Grant is like....
734001bfc6513fa0589f93c6963180d7.gif

VN Store

Back