'19 GA OL Wanya Morris (Tennessee signee)

I just don’t think we need to worry about it. Don’t expect a player like JJP to be sticking around for 5 years

Maybe not but say the kid gets hurt but not seriously enough to get a medical red but doesn’t play a lot of the season. It’s hard to make that kind of ground up without an extra year. So keeping his redshirt is beneficial for him.

Wanya Morris was in Athens Saturday for the Auburn game, but the Bulldogs are no threat to Tennessee. I don’t see anyone as a threat. Auburn is still recruiting him and I am not ruling out another visit to the Plains, but Morris is strong to the Vols. It is hard to see him turning. I honestly can’t see him anywhere other than Knoxville at this time.

-Chad Simmons

Ron could it possibly be the fact that Wanya is shadowing OP keeping the VOLS hype in his ear on his visits?
My name isn't Ron but sure it's a possibility but when they see each other at least 5 days a week at school, why would it matter? Their decisions are just as likely to be solidified at the stadium as they are in study hall, or the back porch talking.

My name isn't Ron but sure it's a possibility but when they see each other at least 5 days a week at school, why would it matter? Their decisions are just as likely to be solidified at the stadium as they are in study hall, or the back porch talking.
yeah, seems that all three of those guys are pretty tight.

If Trey is healthy, he is the starting left tackle... period. Wanya gets his pick of one of the other four spots.

That being said Trey may have to make a difficult decision between now and then.

If Trey is healthy, he is the starting left tackle... period. Wanya gets his pick of one of the other four spots.

That being said Trey may have to make a difficult decision between now and then.
Trey is not a true tackle so not "period." Trey's most difficult decision between now and then doesn't concern football; I believe that's what you alluded to.

LT:Wanya
LG: Trey (obviously want him to make the best decision for his future)
C: Kennedy
RG: Jahmir/ R. Johnson/ Calbert/ Carvin
RT: Richmond

That line could be one of the best in the conference if things break right. Wanya with a whole spring under his belt, Trey back at his natural position, Kennedy healthy, competition at RG breeding depth and production and another year with Friend for Richmond. Big and talented across the board.

LT:Wanya
LG: Trey (obviously want him to make the best decision for his future)
C: Kennedy
RG: Jahmir/ R. Johnson/ Calbert/ Carvin
RT: Richmond

That line could be one of the best in the conference if things break right. Wanya with a whole spring under his belt, Trey back at his natural position, Kennedy healthy, competition at RG breeding depth and production and another year with Friend for Richmond. Big and talented across the board.
Even if Trey doesn’t come back, gotta think between Jahmir, Ryan, Carvin, Calbert, Hall, Wright (pending), they’ll be able to get those guard sports figured out

VN Store

Back