'19 GA OL Wanya Morris (Tennessee signee)

Yeah I wish VQ was on 247. It's like 247 network is the best but gv247 is pathetic. They get no news. It's so dead. Their chats are worthless. It's basically waiting on someone in network to give info or for them to confirm they hear what VQ hears. They have been outhrigjt awful in this current search that I don't know if they realize we need an OC. Rivals network is pathetic but VQ crew is one of the best
2 companies that do the same thing, BUT offer 2 different services lol

Yeah I wish VQ was on 247. It's like 247 network is the best but gv247 is pathetic. They get no news. It's so dead. Their chats are worthless. It's basically waiting on someone in network to give info or for them to confirm they hear what VQ hears. They have been outhrigjt awful in this current search that I don't know if they realize we need an OC. Rivals network is pathetic but VQ crew is one of the best
So true. Gv247 is inferior

ESPN rankings have grown on me.

They seem more consistent with their player rankings than Rivals.

I actually agree with this. I didn't even look at ESPN rankings for several years because they were horrible. They seem to have gotten way more on point in the last couple years though.

The context of my issue with Pappoe's size is him wanting to start at linebacker as a freshman. Nothing to respond to other than to say that Roquan didn't start his freshman year.
Not unrealistic for him to pick up 20 or 25 lbs in about 9 months. Smith gained 11 from last game at Georgia to his combine weight.

You lookin' at me?

8235305.jpg

In a news VolQuest subscribers were made aware of earlier this week, Tennessee’s highest-rated commit dropped 16 spots in the rankings. Morris is still the second-highest rated 4-star recruit and has a real chance of earning his fifth star back down in Orlando. The Grayson offensive tackle committed to Tennessee in May and hasn’t wavered on his pledge.
VQ

Wonder if the OP situation affects Wanya in any way?

For as long as he's been committed coupled with how hard he reps UT one would hope not.. He seems to have the right thought in mind with coming here to take advantage of the fact that early playing time is there.. Also as it pertains to making the best decision one could argue that very point with most of these players leaving school (in hopes ) to be drafted as high picks after 3 years... If everything works right he could see himself being a 1st round pick at a premium position.. Lots of if's but imagine while some of these other recruits that share similar circumstance with Wanya.. Could easily find themselves still trying to make their mark in year 4 or 5, while he could be potentially getting an opportunity with a organization in the league (hopefully as top 5, 1st round, VFL)

Adam Friedman and Chad Simmons discussing whether or not Wanya should be a 5 star:

No. There is no doubting Morris' physical gifts. He is athletic, agile, and has plenty of strength but consistency has been a real problem. Morris has all the tools you could want out of an offensive lineman and certainly knows how to play with proper technique but the standard is high for five-stars and Morris hasn't done enough to meet that standard. He is still a fantastic and could very well earn his fifth star back during the all-star games.
-Friedman
Yes. Morris is definitely one of the premiere offensive linemen this cycle. He is so nimble on his feet for a prospect his size. His athleticism stands out as much as anything when breaking his game down at offensive tackle. The Tennessee commit checks a lot of boxes when grading an elite offensive lineman. The biggest questions and concerns surround his consistency. He does not play at a five-star level as much as some would like, but when he does, he is dominant. Like it has been with Morris, it is about upside and potential. He is far from a finished product, but his upside screams round one NFL Draft pick down the road. He still has to develop physically and fundamentally and play more consistent with a high motor, but he has made a strong case to be a five-star in 2019. Morris has shown he is one of the best in the country.
-Simmons

Last edited:

VN Store

Back