'20 GA OL Tate Ratledge (UGA commit)

Again if you have to change a goofy decal to prove how much you love and support your son then what have you been doing the previous 18 years? It was a goofy, give me my 5 minutes of fame move by his dad. Nothing says love like a college decal
If you are upset about some guy you don't know changing a decal then you are currently having yer own personal issues that have nothing to do with him.

Okay? I'm not disagreeing with you.

There's 3 things you can sell to recruits:

1. Playing time
2. Wins
3. NFL readiness.

We've obviously been pushing 1 pretty hard, which no one will deny. Evidenced by Pruitt's halftime speech at Bama. But you can't sell that to a guy when you just recruited two 5 stars at his position.

Georgia and Bama can sell 2-3. We can't yet.
Depends on who’s buying. Let’s take these one by one.

1)Georgia sold this kid on playing time. There is zero way Georgia can sell playing time over Tennessee. We just landed two five stars at his position; stars don’t mean those players would start over him and there’s no way in hell that Tennessee has more depth at the tackle position than Georgia. Good chance this kid is one of the five best Oline from the day he sets foot on campus.

2)This is probably the hardest one to address. Honestly Pruitt is best off telling kids to watch this season and see what happens. We have staff in place who have won every place they’ve been.

3)This one is a little easier to address. Pruitt and his staff have sent several players to the draft at other stops in the SEC. This isn’t a school specific deficiency, this was a developmental deficiency of the previous staff. Both 2&3 look better with results.

If you are upset about some guy you don't know changing a decal then you are currently having yer own personal issues that have nothing to do with him.

Thank you for your concern about my mental state but I can actually count to 10 without using my fingers so I possess the mental capacity to discern the stupidity of another human being without being “upset” or “not loving my son”

You came in and mentioned over dramatizing. The family first and giving your child the support they need, stuff, you think that might be also? It was a dang window sticker lol .

And that's what the other guy meant by "babying".
Slap a 2nd one on and pray you raised your kid well enough that he doesn't feel your love and support of him is in question. Good grief 😂
i know it wasn’t a dang sticker but it obviously bothered you guys lol. I guess my whole point is that pulling off a sticker doesn’t mean your not a fan and it does mean that you are supporting your child (more so for everyone else to see, then for your child to see) I mean it would eliminate a lot of “but your a vol fan do you feel mad about your son going to GA” conversations and let’s you know he supports his decision. Is it probably too much? Yes. Is it cool to see a dad do that for his son? Yes. Is it troubling to see grown men get worked up and “disown/freak out” about pulling off a power T sticker. Absolutely.

I just tried to shine the light on a dad supporting his son... regardless of how “over the top” it was... I felt and feel it’s something to celebrate instead of freak out over.

i know it wasn’t a dang sticker but it obviously bothered you guys lol. I guess my whole point is that pulling off a sticker doesn’t mean your not a fan and it does mean that you are supporting your child (more so for everyone else to see, then for your child to see) I mean it would eliminate a lot of “but your a vol fan do you feel mad about your son going to GA” conversations and let’s you know he supports his decision. Is it probably too much? Yes. Is it cool to see a dad do that for his son? Yes. Is it troubling to see grown men get worked up and “disown/freak out” about pulling off a power T sticker. Absolutely.

I just tried to shine the light on a dad supporting his son... regardless of how “over the top” it was... I felt and feel it’s something to celebrate instead of freak out over.
"bothered you guys"
I don't have a post in here ranting about priorities, loyalty or fatherhood, either way.
Your first post started with
You guys are stupid.
🤔
And have proceeded to speak on being a real parent etc.. over differing opinions on a decal.

I've enjoyed the different perspectives, fun debate.
Seems like you're taking some liberties with "you guys", given our posts back and forth.

Reactions: VolGee4 and butchna
We NEED 4 OL in this class to replace the 4 presumptive seniors we lose after the 2020 season. 5 would be better. They don't all have to be able to play as freshmen but we probably need two who can give us some reps as true freshmen and the rest need to be legitimate prospects with good height and instincts and not projects.
I'd probably quibble with the need for 2 immediate contributors... but other than that, OK. There are dozens of guys on UT's board that fill the need.

In spite of some better methods, the recruiting sites still have a harder time grading HS OL's than any other position. Many of the best OL's enter college way underweight and are developed into CFB players. Mizzou has long talked about "Missouri Made" or something like that to brand their program of finding diamonds in the rough and building them. What I mean in this is we do not know who might develop that many have already written off.

Reactions: JacketVol
Yes Morris was a Georgia athlete that UT managed to sign, but that doesn't mean anything, Imo. TR is going to have to compete for playing time at either School. I was having a conversation with a co-worker about Morris and Wright and the possibility of it scaring ratledge off. But, with all the UT ties, it would have been nice to get him to come home! There's also the possibility of someone sliding inside to one of the Guard positions, also. Will never know now. Unless, of course, he changes his mind.😎🤑
I wasn't referring to any fear on his part. I was referring to the simple fact that legacies and home state players sometimes make different choices both for and against UT. I was also saying that with respect to UT's recent level of success... the OL recruiting has been the least of concerns.

May have been mentioned already, but Brent Hubbs referred to the Sean Young commitment in 2000, when asked about this. For anyone who doesn't recall, Sean was a north GA kid who committed to the Vols and his parents supposedly kicked him out of the house. That's a real fan.

"bothered you guys"
I don't have a post in here ranting about priorities, loyalty or fatherhood, either way.
Your first post started with
🤔
And have proceeded to speak on being a real parent etc.. over differing opinions on a decal.

I've enjoyed the different perspectives, fun debate.
Seems like you're taking some liberties with "you guys", given our posts back and forth.
Ya you are right. I apologize for including you in it. I’m not trying to be a “superior parent” though it may seem like it... I was just trying to point out the ridiculous comments about the man and his son. I have beat this drum enough lol. However, I do enjoy the conversation and different perspectives. 🛎

Reactions: chargervol
UGA is taking 5 OL this cycle, only took 3 last year. Looks to be 3 OT and 2 OG, currently 3 are committed, Jones, Ogunbiyi, and Ratledge so looking for 1 more Tackle and 1 more Guard. UGA does like to cross train their lineman so being a guard this year doesn’t mean you aren’t a tackle next year. With more experience, you move from inside to outside as it means you can pass protect better. UGA is still recruiting OL and Tate said he is now recruiting more OL (interview with Sentell).

Here is one of the OL recruits telling Paris he is next. I will say Paris is supposed to make his “final” decision in June.

Dang you beat me to this. Last I heard UGA is taking 4 OL minimum with a 5th being possible for a "best player available" slot. Paris is likely the best available slot now. On the note of cross training lineman...look at Salyer. Projected to be a plug and play guard but is playing well as a tackle.

i honestly have no idea what you’re talking about... babying your kid too much? I’m.... just... 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
I hate that for you. Maybe you haven't been paying attention to our country over the past 15-20 years but kids have become the bosses and parents have become the enablers.

I legitimately thought I was in the Football Forum this is the most Boomer thread of all time. Complaining about the sensitivity of the youth while creating an 8 page thread about a man removing a decal from his truck.

I think you are more upset that they are upset.

It’s easy to root for your son and your school of choice. People do it all of the time.

Reactions: JacketVol
May have been mentioned already, but Brent Hubbs referred to the Sean Young commitment in 2000, when asked about this. For anyone who doesn't recall, Sean was a north GA kid who committed to the Vols and his parents supposedly kicked him out of the house. That's a real fan.
They didn't kick him out of the house. His father wasn't fond of the color orange and let Sean know. Sean's decision came down to what he thought was the best OL coach in the country. Coach's name was Mike Barry.

VN Store

Back