'20 GA OL Tate Ratledge (UGA commit)

This is a direct byproduct of losing. At some point, we have to win. Can’t fault the kid for choosing Georgia over Tennessee. Our program has been in shambles for the better part of a decade.

We don’t have to like it, but it is undeniable.

Reactions: Catbone
No. I wouldn't root against my son. But I'm also not re-writing who I am because the Vols couldn't land him either. I'd be like "Son, I'm rooting for you and I hope you do well...even against the Vols...but I am not going to pretend that I don't like Tennessee just because you are down there."
Two things.....
First- if you think a Vol Fan is “who you are” you have some issues you need to work out. (That is with no sarcasm at all and seriously hoping you don’t believe that)
Second- I don’t think for half a second he is in any way “disowning” the Vols or his fandom. I know 99% of you on here would disagree, but if it’s as serious as you seem it is, then taking a decal off doesn’t effect your love for your team.

Tate is the one that mentioned dad would do it sometime, think the media went paparazzi following him out and making the big deal out of it. If you watch the entire video, I’m not sure dad knew he was even being watched? I could be wrong.

I do agree however that I think I would have left it up, or at least waited till I got home. I mean it’s the same guy that was flying T flags two months ago during March Madness, I think he still loves UT, just loves Tate more.

Hope he doesn't have another kid who wants to go to UF. What's he gonna do then?

There's plenty of room for multiple decals on the family truck and plenty of room for multiple team apparel in the closet. It's possible to support your son, his school and your school, too. Sports families have been doing it for decades.
THIS!!!

This is real life and parents are babying their children too much. If I was a life long fan of a team I certainly wouldn't stop being a fan because my child chose to go to another school. I would obviously cheer for my child in all of their games and hope for the best and safest career but I would not let my child dictate what team I am a fan of.
i honestly have no idea what you’re talking about... babying your kid too much? I’m.... just... 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Reactions: Sleegro
Wouldn’t that make it GT?

I think he could have left it up and added the G somewhere, you see house divided tags all the time, nothing wrong with rooting for both.

But, you are exactly right. 1st team in my house, is my family. Nothing any school can do for me that can trump what my kids give me.
I’ve coached everyone of my kids in one sport or another and looks like soccer is next. (I do NOT like soccer but I’m sure it will grow on me). Looks to me they are just running sprints...

If a parent (not aimed at anyone particular) doesn’t have their kids First, I’m not sure they don’t need to do some rearranging priorities in life.
This guy just.... gets it. I agree with everything said here. Probably shouldn’t of pulled the T off but understand you are making a statement for your child... we need more fathers that support their son like this. Family is first, period.

I don’t know why I keep responding lol. Kinda enjoy it but anyway I’m done.....

Atleast for now lol. I do appreciate the conversations regardless if I disagree.... helps the offseason go bye.

Reactions: secking
This guy just.... gets it. I agree with everything said here. Probably shouldn’t of pulled the T off but understand you are making a statement for your child... we need more fathers that support their son like this. Family is first, period.

I don’t know why I keep responding lol. Kinda enjoy it but anyway I’m done.....

Atleast for now lol. I do appreciate the conversations regardless if I disagree.... helps the offseason go bye.
You came in and mentioned over dramatizing. The family first and giving your child the support they need, stuff, you think that might be also? It was a dang window sticker lol .

And that's what the other guy meant by "babying".
Slap a 2nd one on and pray you raised your kid well enough that he doesn't feel your love and support of him is in question. Good grief 😂

Last edited:
Two things.....
First- if you think a Vol Fan is “who you are” you have some issues you need to work out. (That is with no sarcasm at all and seriously hoping you don’t believe that)
Second- I don’t think for half a second he is in any way “disowning” the Vols or his fandom. I know 99% of you on here would disagree, but if it’s as serious as you seem it is, then taking a decal off doesn’t effect your love for your team.

"I am" a Vol Fan. I am also many other things. I am sorry if that wording bothered you.

Where you reading HATE? Superstar OL coach...goofy as ****...but superstar.
I am sure you will agree, you can deal with goofy when they are getting results. If he wasn't, goofy turns to annoying .. (see Dan Mullen for further evidence)

We just landed a JUCO kid who has an offer from GA, so not the end of the world. This kid's dad might have been an alleged UT guy but he obviously wasn't a huge fan or there is no way he would have let Atlanta news film him tearing a Power T off his car to make us look bad. Of course he is going to root for his son at UGA but I'm calling BS that he was ever a hard core fan of the Vols with a dumb stunt like that
It seems like UGA commits go out of their way to stick it to us. Why focus so much on UT if we are trash?

I am sure you will agree, you can deal with goofy when they are getting results. If he wasn't, goofy turns to annoying .. (see Dan Mullen for further evidence)
I’ve never presented anything less than he’s the standard. The goofiness is a recent thing tho...and unnecessary.

Reactions: chargervol
Tate is the one that mentioned dad would do it sometime, think the media went paparazzi following him out and making the big deal out of it. If you watch the entire video, I’m not sure dad knew he was even being watched? I could be wrong.

I do agree however that I think I would have left it up, or at least waited till I got home. I mean it’s the same guy that was flying T flags two months ago during March Madness, I think he still loves UT, just loves Tate more.

The media wasn’t “following” him around in the hopes of catching a breaking story lol. Yes you could be wrong. What was the media’s thought process exactly in your scenario? “Let’s follow this dad around that no one really cares about and hope he does something awesome so we can film it”, definitely sounds legit. I know I am being followed by the local news several times a day

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
I would imagine the fact we just signed two five star bookend tackles who will start a minimum of 3 years has something to do with this.

Um no. Bama and UGA sign 5* OL nearly every year. When you get stomped by Vandy and Missouri for 2 straight years, lifelong Vols fans tend to see your program in freefall. I guess it needs to be repeated again. Its all about winning. Win and the recruits will come.

How come none of our commits take their UGA offer letter and light it on fire or something?

I hope they never do. It is immature and stupid. And in general, stunts like these rarely put the player in a great light. “Kirby’s players talk on the field”. No doubt the son knew nothing of this “completely spontaneous” event. I look forward to their unscripted Tennessee gear bonfires that just happen to involve the local media in the next few months.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
I hope they never do. It is immature and stupid. And in general, stunts like these rarely put the player in a great light. “Kirby’s players talk on the field”. No doubt the son knew nothing of this “completely spontaneous” event. I look forward to their unscripted Tennessee gear bonfires that just happen to involve the local media in the next few months.

That's what I'm getting at. UGA seems like a low character program. Not surprising when their fans bark at other teams fans... as adults.

Um no. Bama and UGA sign 5* OL nearly every year. When you get stomped by Vandy and Missouri for 2 straight years, lifelong Vols fans tend to see your program in freefall. I guess it needs to be repeated again. Its all about winning. Win and the recruits will come.
Okay? I'm not disagreeing with you.

There's 3 things you can sell to recruits:

1. Playing time
2. Wins
3. NFL readiness.

We've obviously been pushing 1 pretty hard, which no one will deny. Evidenced by Pruitt's halftime speech at Bama. But you can't sell that to a guy when you just recruited two 5 stars at his position.

Georgia and Bama can sell 2-3. We can't yet.

VN Store

Back