'22 GA OL Shadre Hurst

This guy is the best player on one of the best teams in Georgia. He earned runner up in wrestling championship last year, and will most likely win it all this year. BEAST. I'd love to see him get more offers.

If the height is right, that’s his biggest issue. He can only play center or guard at the next level. He still may develop into an elite center or guard, but if you can’t play tackle it kills your opportunities as a recruit. A lot of places just take a bunch of tackles and whoever doesn’t work they just move to guard.

Look at all the Lineman Tenn has had in the past with a wrestling background. I think they all played in the NFL.
Edge rusher? Quick enough ? What’s the ex Vol center played for Green Bay for years? Think he was from mid state ….

Does he play on defense too? If so, what position? Way too small for an OL. His height would force him inside, but he'd also have to add quite a bit of mass.

Scott Wells was a national wrestling champion. There are at least 5 different wrestling divisions in GA high school. I don’t know anything about this young man, but being a runner up in one of these many divisions doesn’t mean someone is a great athlete. Again, this is no knock against this young man as he may be outstanding

Reactions: OrangeShade
I don't know if we have the depth for a project, but the weight isn't a concern. I don't know the kid, haven't seen him, but a lot of wrestling kids are light due to weight limits. Also, a cut 250 kid could be 310 by the end of his rs freshman year pretty easily. I graduated HS at 275, was 290 and dropped body fat after year one. Beginning of year 2 I was 320 and still dropping body fat. Good programs develop athletes. A lot of our ol look fat and sloppy compared to elite level ol anyways.

Does he play on defense too? If so, what position? Way too small for an OL. His height would force him inside, but he'd also have to add quite a bit of mass.
Yeah, he plays both ways. He’ll gain weight after wrestling. There is minimal bad weight on this dude. The thing is, he’s very athletic with minimal bad weight. Y’all are right about not having the height for Tackle, which he currently plays.

Yeah, he plays both ways. He’ll gain weight after wrestling. There is minimal bad weight on this dude. The thing is, he’s very athletic with minimal bad weight. Y’all are right about not having the height for Tackle, which he currently plays.
Even guards push at least 300lbs, usually more. So as far as mass, he'd have to add at least 50lbs to his frame. Unless he grows in height, his home may not be at OL. That's why I mentioned defense. Of course, if teams still utilized blocking fullbacks, he might be ideal for that.

Not at 250 in the SEC
It has been pointed out that he's a wrestler. His overall weight doesn't matter as much as his body fat % and overall strength. 250 isn't heavy enough to start in the SEC but he could be 300 by his second year on campus and be a Center or Guard.

Reactions: memtownvol
Shadre playing some nose tackle in this big game against Warner Robins…

I ain’t saying we should get him. Just some recruiting talk from the place where I reside…. I guess he could be 40 pounds heavier and all y’all would assume he’s “better”. He has to keep his weight around 260 for wrestling. After he dominates his way to a state title in wrestling, then he’ll put on some more weight. He’s a Monster in the weight room. So, he could be close to 300 by the time he goes to college. I think he’ll be a good one. Has a lot of intangibles. I feel his wrestling accomplishments are under appreciated by this board. Who was that dude that was a wrestling champ in Tennessee and went to Vanderbilt because our Vols didn’t want him, then he dominated our DLine while Vandy embarrassed us. I remember everyone saying the same things about him: too small, not big enough, not SEC material…

Shadre playing some nose tackle in this big game against Warner Robins…

I ain’t saying we should get him. Just some recruiting talk from the place where I reside…. I guess he could be 40 pounds heavier and all y’all would assume he’s “better”. He has to keep his weight around 260 for wrestling. After he dominates his way to a state title in wrestling, then he’ll put on some more weight. He’s a Monster in the weight room. So, he could be close to 300 by the time he goes to college. I think he’ll be a good one. Has a lot of intangibles. I feel his wrestling accomplishments are under appreciated by this board. Who was that dude that was a wrestling champ in Tennessee and went to Vanderbilt because our Vols didn’t want him, then he dominated our DLine while Vandy embarrassed us. I remember everyone saying the same things about him: too small, not big enough, not SEC material…

Bruno…something… was that kid’s name

Reactions: you

VN Store

Back