'20 GA LB Tyson Meiguez (Georgia Tech commit)

Big Gucci Sosa

Sniper Gang.
Dw-jJBXXgAEsTM4.jpg

Tyson Meiguez, Creekside, Outside Linebacker

Tyson Meiguez, 2020 Outside linebacker - Rivals

vols offered

Last edited by a moderator:
Shouldn't that be a Georgia linebacker instead of AL? He goes to school where the Berry's came from below ATL.

Creekside High (Ga.) linebacker Tyson Meiguez knows a little something about the Vols thanks to the Berry boys who played on Rocky Top. “Eric has been up to the school a lot,” Meiguez said. “Eliot and Evan came to the summer workouts at Creekside when they were at Tennessee as well.” On Saturday, Meiguez got his first-hand experience of Tennessee and came away impressed. “Everyone up there was really cool,” Meiguez said. “The energy was really good and everyone is working to get Tennessee where they want to go. “Coach (Jeremy) Pruitt is looking for Tennessee to be a contender the next couple of years. I liked his message. I got to hang out mostly with coach (Tracy) Rocker and coach Pruitt. That was important.” It’s been a hectic 10 days or so with Meiguez and the Vols, starting with an offer a week ago Thursday. “I was surprised by the offered. I hadn’t heard from them,” Meiguez said.
“Coach Rocker told me he really liked my film and they offered. Then coach Rocker and coach Pruitt told me they wanted me up there for a Junior Day so went up this weekend.”
The 6-2, 215-pound prospect plays outside linebacker in high school, but projects as an inside guy in Pruitt’s defense. “Tennessee likes me as inside guy,” Meiguez said. “They like my speed, footwork and awareness. Playing inside really wouldn’t really be different. I play mic linebacker some for Creekside depending on the opponent.” Meiguez will see Virginia Tech next week. He’s already visited Kentucky, Georgia, Alabama, Notre Dame, Wake Forest and Georgia Tech. He plans to sign in December. He could possibly be a mid-term enrollee and hopes to make a decision in November and he has an idea of what he’s looking for. “I’m looking for a play that feels like family,” Meiguez said. “I want a place that is a home away from home.” Meiguez said he will definitely the Vols again and plans to be back on Rocky Top unofficially for spring practice in late March or early April.
-VQ

caught up with fellow inside linebacker Tyson Meiguez. The Creekside (Ga.) product visited Tennessee back in February. He said he wants to get back up to Knoxville soon, but we’ll see if that happens, as Meiguez seems likely to close in on a decision. He named the Vols among his top schools, but Georgia Tech and Duke are currently recruiting him harder.
Simonton

Meiguez is plenty familiar with the Vols, visiting in February and playing at at the same school that produced the Berry brothers — Eric, Elliott and Evan.

“I know all about Tennessee,” Meiguez said.

“I talk to Tennessee about every week. I stay in good contact with them. Coach Kevin (Sherrer), the linebackers coach and coach (Tracy) Rocker, my area recruiter.”

Meiguez holds more than 20 offers, and the 6-foot-1, 215-pound linebacker picked up his scholarship from Tennessee back in January. Meiguez is closing in on a decision, and said four schools are currently recruiting him harder than anyone else.

“Right now, it’s Georgia Tech, Tennessee, Duke and Kentucky,” he said.

As for where Tennessee stands, Meiguez hopes to get back up to Rocky Top sometime this summer to get more familiar with the staff. Unlike some schools (Duke and Georgia Tech), the Vols like Meiguez as an inside linebacker despite the fact he plays mostly on the edge for Creekside where he recorded 118 tackles and 9.5 TFLs in 2018.

“I have plans to go back. I just haven’t had a chance yet,” he said. “They like me as an inside guy because they really like me athleticism. They like my frame and think I can put on more weight and really fill that role.”
- VQ

Reactions: T Dog

VN Store

Back