'24 GA LB Sammy Brown (Clemson commit)

I don't know, a rising sophomore that is already 6' 1" and 205? Lots of room to grow in size and power. Who knows what position they are actually projecting him for.

I don't know, a rising sophomore that is already 6' 1" and 205? Lots of room to grow in size and power. Who knows what position they are actually projecting him for.
Agreed, at that size at that age, he may grow out of the position.

“I’ve actually been to Knoxville, like, for a wedding, but I hadn’t been in the stadium or around the facilities,” Brown said. “It’s really good people, amazing facilities. I mean, this stadium is insane.

“I got a lot of time with the players and the staff. It was a great experience.”

Auburn, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Ole Miss and South Carolina also have extended offers to Brown. He said Tennessee’s coaches told him last weekend “just to stay humble and don’t let it get to your head, and to just take it all in and enjoy it.”

The Vols also showed him around their campus and facilities and gave him an idea of some of the things they’re planning to do in the future. He came away encouraged by the direction of the program.

“They’re building a new weight room, and that's good,” Brown said. “And not only that — they’re building a great program. They’re building a program that’s going to be able to thrive because they have great people and great players.”

Brown picked up an offer from Tennessee on March 8, the same day he added an offer from Georgia. He said he already had started to talk with the Vols’ coaches even before last week’s visit.

“I’ll talk to (defensive analyst Chad) Creamer, and then I’ll talk to Coach BJ a lot,” Brown said, referring to Tennessee linebackers coach Brian Jean-Mary.
The Vols are recruiting Brown to play “inside ‘backer,” he said.

He’s interested in Tennessee for multiple reasons, and he said he “for sure” will visit the Vols again later this year.

“I mean, again, it’s great facilities,” Brown said. “But, more than that, they’re great people. They really want to help me strive to be a better person and a better man, and a better player.”

That’s one of the things he said he’s hoping to find in a college.
-Callahan

Top247 Rank: No. 5

The Skinny: Auburn, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Ole Miss, South Carolina and Tennessee are the early offers for Brown.

He visited most of those programs and Clemson this summer. Ole Miss and Virginia are campuses the family would like to get to this fall. “We’re definitely going to make some of the local ones, Clemson, Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee, make all those as well,” his father Mike said regarding games. “Auburn is another school we want to try and get to for a game. At this point he’s trying to spend as much time with these schools as he can.”

-Wiltfong

Reactions: VolByLaw
Won the state in 400m, long jumped 22’, sub 11 second 100, etc. team lost to Marist (private school) in last years 4A championship. Camped with Vols this summer as well. Looks like a LB to me but could also grow into a tight end...

Wiltfong referred to Brown as the #1 LB in the 2024 class. Perhaps a Quavaris Crouch type of profile as a highly-recruited RB and LB. I wonder what position we are pursuing him to play?
If he's 6'2" 215lbs right now as a sophomore, I would guess linebacker. But this kid still has a lot of physical development in front of him, unless he's one that peaked early.

Reactions: allvolrecruiting

VN Store

Back