'24 GA LB Sammy Brown (Clemson commit)

i think it just comes down to development, and bowl cut has shown he can on the D

2023 draft they had 5 defensive players and 5 offensive players drafted

2022: 8 defense and 6 offense

2021: 6 defense and 3 offense

2020: 1 defense and 6 offense

More offense than defense in 2019 and 2018 also.

2023 draft they had 5 defensive players and 5 offensive players drafted

2022: 8 defense and 6 offense

2021: 6 defense and 3 offense

2020: 1 defense and 6 offense

More offense than defense in 2019 and 2018 also.
I really do believe that he, unlike the lauded and overhyped dbag from CA, would be gangbusters as the QB of the defense in this system.

I mean I’m a die hard UT fan but it’s not hard to see why kids would want to play for a guy that’s churning out first rounders and multiple draft picks yearly and competing for championships yearly… UGA is not going anywhere for a long time so we will have to go take it from them… they will continue to get good players and so will we and under the new format I doubt we will have to play them every year… but I believe in heup and I believe we will compete for multiple championships under his tenure as well. Whether Sammy chooses the good guys or not the future Is still very bright on Rocky top…

No doubt. Plus the way recruiting numbers are now you can't just stack up players. It's really helped even out teams and still plenty of elite players to go around. We will get our share, no doubt. Then you have players that don't care about the NC's and who don't wanna sit behind classes of 4* and 5*. Hell, most upper echelon Football schools all have great Coach's that can get you to the league. And of course now NIL is a huge selling point and nobody has a better NIL than TN. I hope we get him, but highly doubting it. But to even be in the picture after the mess previous Coach's and the AD Department is pretty remarkable.

No doubt. Plus the way recruiting numbers are now you can't just stack up players. It's really helped even out teams and still plenty of elite players to go around. We will get our share, no doubt. Then you have players that don't care about the NC's and who don't wanna sit behind classes of 4* and 5*. Hell, most upper echelon Football schools all have great Coach's that can get you to the league. And of course now NIL is a huge selling point and nobody has a better NIL than TN. I hope we get him, but highly doubting it. But to even be in the picture after the mess previous Coach's and the AD Department is pretty remarkable.

When he starts putting 3 stars in the league then I will be impressed!

Chicken or egg I guess but he’s getting the most gifted athletes so getting to the league was probably going to happen with Smart or any number of other coaches..

When he starts putting 3 stars in the league then I will be impressed!

Chicken or egg I guess but he’s getting the most gifted athletes so getting to the league was probably going to happen with Smart or any number of other coaches..
Jordan Davis was a 3 star. Stetson Bennett was a 2 star walk-on. Kirby's had several more 3 star first rounders on defense, the kid that won the Thorpe Award a few years ago being one, Baker.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back