'20 GA LB Phillip Webb

CobbVol

From Rivals:

Visit No. 2 to Alabama is in the books for Rivals100 linebacker Phillip Webb. He was back in Tuscaloosa Tuesday for about half the day and this was different from his first trip.

He got to see the coaches in action, see players going through meetings and really get a better idea of a day would be like there as a student-athlete. "This visit was nice," said Webb. "The most interesting thing for me about this visit was seeing how the coaches interact with their players. I got to see them working the camp, I got to see them in meetings and it was nice to see all that. "I saw how they coach, how they teach and just how they go about things with the players. That is really what this visit was all about for me."

Sal Sunseri is the coach Webb shadowed much of the day and he liked what he saw. "Coach Sunseri is a smart coach with a lot of experience and I like him. He is a fun coach that knows what he is doing. He wants me at the JACK position in their defense and I kind of saw how they would teach that. I had a good time around him".

Not just Sunseri, but Nick Saban made it clear that the four-star linebacker out of Sugar Hill (Ga.) Lanier is a major target for the Crimson Tide. "Coach Saban and I talked and he said they view me as a real priority," said Webb. "We talked about their player development, how the program is run and how I would fit into it. It was great talking to coach Saban again. He made it clear that they want me there."

Webb is still not ready to declare who the favorites are, but he is close to trimming his list down. Regardless of how long the list is, expect for Alabama to be on it. Alabama has done a very good job of recruiting Webb and the visit Tuesday only helped their chances. "I got to learn more about the coaches, I talked to some players (Kevin Harris and King Mwikuta), I saw the team workout some and I took away some good things on this visit. I like what Alabama does and they have some great coaches and a good program."

Webb is still working to make a decision later this summer or early in the fall. He would prefer to be committed before his senior year, but he won't rush a commitment.

jakez4ut

ready for football.
glad he came, but i don't get hte impression that we made a serious move here? would have to see him come back to town a time or two more i think.

VN Store

Sponsors