'20 GA RB Len'Neth Whitehead (UT SIGNEE)

Athens Academy (Ga.) athlete Len’Neth Whitehead will take the first of his five official visits to Tennessee this weekend. The Vols hold a lot of momentum here and it will be good to get Whitehead and his family back on campus. The 3-star projects as an inside linebacker but Tennessee is so enamored with his raw athleticism, the 6-2, 235 pound is an auto-take for Jeremy Pruitt & Co. They’ll figure out his ultimate position down the road. Much like Mordecai McDaniel, Tennessee’s track program has provided an assist for for the football team. Whitehead is a potential Olympic shot-putter and wants to compete in college, too.

vq

I mean, to have a bunch of Justin Hunters all over the place again!

Good times, good times.

Athens Academy (Ga.) athlete Len’Neth Whitehead will take the first of his five official visits to Tennessee this weekend. The Vols hold a lot of momentum here and it will be good to get Whitehead and his family back on campus. The 3-star projects as an inside linebacker but Tennessee is so enamored with his raw athleticism, the 6-2, 235 pound is an auto-take for Jeremy Pruitt & Co. They’ll figure out his ultimate position down the road. Much like Mordecai McDaniel, Tennessee’s track program has provided an assist for for the football team. Whitehead is a potential Olympic shot-putter and wants to compete in college, too.
vq

So he is taking all 5 of his OVs to UT? We got this one in the bag.

Wonder how this OV is going...
Well, we sure as hell should be able to make the argument that playing time is available. I have to believe the staff lost some credibility yesterday though as to the proposition that they are the ones to right the ship.

Linebacker/running back
Len’Neth Whitehead was the Vols lone official visitor of the weekend and despite the outcome of the Vols season opening loss to Georgia State, the 6-2, 230 pound Georgia native said there were positives from his visit.

“It wasn’t all negative. There’s obviously room for improvement,” Whitehead said. “They had a lot of freshmen out there. They played like six seniors maybe. They are a young team. I always find a positive in that.”
“They are at the top of my schools. I got to interact with the fans and see what it’s like on game day there.”
Whitehead said he saw things on the field where he believes he can help Tennessee immediately if he chooses the Vols.
“I can help them on either side of the ball. As a running back, I feel like I’m a guy who just makes things happen. And as a linebacker, I feel like I see things, can get off blocks and hit people. And I think I can bring intensity to the team.”
Tennessee message to Whitehead was simply, they need immediate help.
“They told me that I could come in early and play,” Whitehead said. “They need me. It’s a young team that is trying to rebuild.
“It’s a process. They are rebuilding. They want my class to be the one to get them above water so to say.”
Whitehead will also visit South Carolina, Wisconsin, Texas and Georgia before making a decision in mid to late October. While the outcome for the Vols Saturday was not good, Whitehead said there’s plenty of positives with the Vols starting with playing time.
“Opportunity to play early and the choice to play either side of the ball are the main two positives.”
The other positive is relationships. Whitehead has known Kevin Sherrer for several years and has enjoyed building a relationship with running backs coach David Johnson.
“He’s (Sherrer) a cool guy. He’s upfront and forward about everything,” Whitehead said. “He’s been recruiting me since my sophomore year. He’s been persistent with me. And I have enjoyed getting to know coach Johnson. He’s a cool guy. He’s really honest with you. He’s coached a lot of good people.”
Whitehead said he’s also impressed with head coach Jeremy Pruitt.
“Just from talking to him, I can tell he knows what he’s talking about,” Whitehead said. “His name carries some weight. He understands he needs to get more athletes in this recruiting class who can step up and help this team. He’s consistent in recruiting me. We talk every week. He’s made it clear they need me.”

-Price

Linebacker/running back
Len’Neth Whitehead was the Vols lone official visitor of the weekend and despite the outcome of the Vols season opening loss to Georgia State, the 6-2, 230 pound Georgia native said there were positives from his visit.

“It wasn’t all negative. There’s obviously room for improvement,” Whitehead said. “They had a lot of freshmen out there. They played like six seniors maybe. They are a young team. I always find a positive in that.”
“They are at the top of my schools. I got to interact with the fans and see what it’s like on game day there.”
Whitehead said he saw things on the field where he believes he can help Tennessee immediately if he chooses the Vols.
“I can help them on either side of the ball. As a running back, I feel like I’m a guy who just makes things happen. And as a linebacker, I feel like I see things, can get off blocks and hit people. And I think I can bring intensity to the team.”
Tennessee message to Whitehead was simply, they need immediate help.
“They told me that I could come in early and play,” Whitehead said. “They need me. It’s a young team that is trying to rebuild.
“It’s a process. They are rebuilding. They want my class to be the one to get them above water so to say.”
Whitehead will also visit South Carolina, Wisconsin, Texas and Georgia before making a decision in mid to late October. While the outcome for the Vols Saturday was not good, Whitehead said there’s plenty of positives with the Vols starting with playing time.
“Opportunity to play early and the choice to play either side of the ball are the main two positives.”
The other positive is relationships. Whitehead has known Kevin Sherrer for several years and has enjoyed building a relationship with running backs coach David Johnson.
“He’s (Sherrer) a cool guy. He’s upfront and forward about everything,” Whitehead said. “He’s been recruiting me since my sophomore year. He’s been persistent with me. And I have enjoyed getting to know coach Johnson. He’s a cool guy. He’s really honest with you. He’s coached a lot of good people.”
Whitehead said he’s also impressed with head coach Jeremy Pruitt.
“Just from talking to him, I can tell he knows what he’s talking about,” Whitehead said. “His name carries some weight. He understands he needs to get more athletes in this recruiting class who can step up and help this team. He’s consistent in recruiting me. We talk every week. He’s made it clear they need me.”

-Price

pffft well im glad the 17 yr old has a more level head than the rest of us, myself included.

VN Store

Back