'20 GA RB Len'Neth Whitehead (UT SIGNEE)

Blew up today at the Opening regional. Impressive numbers, will probably end up top 100 depending how he shows in June.

View attachment 199043

He also got the UGA offer he wanted, not sure how much longer his recruitment goes.

Just bumping this SPARQ score (or whatever variation thereof. Dude's an athlete, that's for sure.

Georgia athlete Len'Neth Whitehead is set to take his first official visit this weekend to Tennessee. This will be his second trip to Knoxville and the Vols are high on his list. "I was at Tennessee once before, early in the year, so I am excited to get back up there," said Whitehead. "Since they first started recruiting me, things have changed a little. They wanted me as a linebacker first, now they are talking some with me about running back, and they are saying it will be my choice if I choose Tennessee.

"I have been talking to coaches on both sides of the ball and now I get to go up there, talk more with them and see what it is like on game-day. I know they have great fans and I am looking forward to seeing what they are like. "Tennessee is recruiting me really hard and I really like the coaches, the fan support, the business program and the atmosphere there."

No other official visits are lined up for Whitehead, but he is working to get more scheduled for September because he does not plan to wait too much longer to make a decision. "I am pretty much down to Tennessee, South Carolina, Georgia, Texas and Wisconsin. I am planning to take official visits to each school before making my decision. "I want to be committed in October, so I am working on visits now. I want to get out as soon as I can because these visits will be big in my decision."

The only other weekend he has plans set for is September 21. He said he will be at Georgia for their game against Notre Dame. The in-state Bulldogs are in this for numerous reasons, including location, being Whitehead is just a few miles from the UGA campus. Why are the Gamecocks, Longhorns and Badgers in this race? "South Carolina offers me a chance to play early, I like the feeling there and I love their facilities. I like what they are doing there.

"Texas has always been a top program and I really like coachTodd Orlando. He is a smart coach, we talk a lot and I want to get out there to see him. I have also heard it is an amazing place. "Wisconsin is the one school that offered me first as a running back. I liked that a lot. They are known for playing running backs early, they love big backs like me and they have been producing top running backs for a while now."

By Halloween, Whitehead wants to be committed. He thought he might make a decision over the summer, before his senior year, but he wasn't ready. The first official visit is coming this weekend and he hopes to take more in the coming weeks so he can make his decision much sooner than later.

-Chad Simmons, Rivals

Great interview!

I’d be interested in knowing if the sudden interest/option at running back is because the staff feels good about other potential inside backers like Sewell and Eason.

That would give us a few inside LBs in this class, and potentially, Whitehead could become the second running back.

I could also see him still being an inside backer in a survival of the fittest scenario. Can’t have too many elite athletes on defense

Great interview!

I’d be interested in knowing if the sudden interest/option at running back is because the staff feels good about other potential inside backers like Sewell and Eason.

That would give us a few inside LBs in this class, and potentially, Whitehead could become the second running back.

I could also see him still being an inside backer in a survival of the fittest scenario. Can’t have too many elite athletes on defense

It could definitely be because of that...I also wonder if it’s because they feel Banks’ is better suited for ILB moving forward

VN Store

Back