'20 GA RB Len'Neth Whitehead (UT SIGNEE)

So UGA offered based on just one thing. Seems sort of short sided doesn’t it?
It does and I’m assuming that they had been watching him for a while. Rusty Mansell was all over him that camp coverage wise. Georgia offered within about 30 minutes of camp ending that day though.

Last edited:
It does and I’m assuming that they had been watching him for a while. Rusty Mansell was all over him that coverage wise. Georgia offered within about 30 minutes of camp ending that day though.
Hopefully that type stuff will bite them in the bulldog arse.

Reactions: volnut1
So where will Whitehead play in college? Well a lot of that depends on which school is recruiting him and what position he wants to play. He plans on making an impact either way, but he does have a slight favorite in terms of positional home.

"I somewhat care," Whitehead said. "I'd like to play running back because that's what I feel comfortable with. I've been training hard this off-season at linebacker though so I hope this season is validation on where I'll play."

And some schools have played their hand with their desire to see him in a particular area.
"Wisconsin told me running back whereas South Carolina and Georgia said defense only," Whitehead said. "Tennessee, Texas, Oklahoma all like me as an athlete. It just varies with each school."

Tennessee currently needs running backs in the 2020 class so that gives Tennessee a leg up in their pursuit of Whitehead. They have been in the mix since the beginning and it sure sounds like they will be there till the end.

"I consider Tennessee one of my top schools," Whitehead said. "I think I'll carry out my interest in Tennessee throughout the entire process."
Tennessee and Texas are recruiting Whitehead extremely hard as the calendar turns into June and summer quickly approaches. Linebackers coach Kevin Sherrer is in charge of recruiting Whitehead and the two have built a solid relationship.

"We talk a lot and he seems like a cool guy," Whitehead said. 'He is telling me that I have the chance to come in and play early. His credentials speak for itself."
Whitehead plans on being back in Knoxville later this month.

VQ..3 star on rivals

Maurice Hampton is a two star stud but doesn't get drafted in the first round of MLB so he decides to play football at LSU.

We gonna sign Lenneth Whitehead and he's gonna decide to be a professional shot putter or whatever the f instead.

Vols luck....

Reactions: Catbone
Len'neth Whitehead saw his recruitment take off this spring, and now, on July 4, the two-way star out of Athens (Ga.) Athens Academy has cut his list down to seven. This list is not 100% set as finalists, but Whitehead said he is very likely to commit to one of these schools when the time is right. Georgia, Georgia Tech, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Texas A&M and Wisconsin made the cut. "Out of those seven, I have visited Georgia, Georgia Tech, South Carolina and Tennessee," said Whitehead. "I had a good vibe on each of those campuses, so I already know a little more about those schools than the other.
"Georgia has always been my go-to school and it is very close to home. Georgia Tech is building something now and there is a lot going for them. Georgia Tech, South Carolina and Tennessee all offer the chance to play early too. "South Carolina has been showing a lot of interest in me and I like their coaches. Tennessee is coming at me saying I can choose linebacker or running back too, so I like that about them. "Those four have a lot for me to like." That doesn't put the Longhorns, Aggies or Badgers behind that quartet of schools. That trio is very much in this too. "Wisconsin is the only school to offer me as a running back and they have been putting out top running backs. I could have a chance to play early there too. "I have had some great talks with the Texas coaches and we have talked about playing linebacker there and how they create players for the NFL. "At Texas A&M, coach Jimbo Fisher's name has a lot of respect. He has won and produced a lot of players too.
"All seven schools are equal for me right now. I know a little more about the schools I have visited, but all seven are the same for me. Each has the pros and cons." All seven schools have talked to Whitehead about visits late in July after the dead period ends, but he is still unsure on where he will be. He does know he will take three official visits before his decision though. "I am going to take official visits to Texas, Texas A&M and Wisconsin so I can see those places before making my decision," said Whitehead. "I would like to take those visits as soon as the season starts, then maybe commit late in September. "I could take my first official visit in July, but nothing is set up yet. I just want to make sure I see each of the seven schools before making my decision. I want to have that done early in the season." There will be three key factors that go into his decision. Whitehead said, "The game-day atmosphere, the relationship with coaches and the opportunity to play early are things that will help me decide on the school."
-Rivals

Nah. Flowe to Clemson. Sewell to UT. Whitehead to UGA. Bad news for UGA.

Confirmed Flowe is slated to go to the Clemson all in cookout...should tell you all you need. Guess USC isn’t going to wait until the season to implode. Helton is out of his league.

VN Store

Back