'20 GA RB Len'Neth Whitehead (UT SIGNEE)

Tennessee appears to be in solid shape for freakish athlete Len’neth Whitehead. The Georgia product prefers to play running back but is definitely open to linebacker. Tennessee just wants him in the program and is willing to let him give a look at whatever position he chooses. That’s big, as Georgia, South Carolina and Mississippi State have all told him defense only.

VQ

It's funny how different Rivals and 247 can be at times. He's listed as a 3 star on Rivals but Top 100 and Top 5 ILB on 247. Guessing he gets a nice bump on Rivals in their next update.

@secking VQ mods seem to think UT's in a good spot here. What's the story? No room at UGA for him? How good is he?
LOVE his athleticism. UGA taking two LB this year, 3 max. Trying to get 2 of Sherman, Flowe, or Simpson. The other UT is recruiting Whitehead hard and trying to get him to visit. Others trying to get in the mix with him as well. Love his athleticism, love the attitude (that I’ve seen), seems to have the work ethic you want. Me? I’d make room for him at LB. Don’t see UGA offering him as RB.

Reactions: Ron Swanson
It's funny how different Rivals and 247 can be at times. He's listed as a 3 star on Rivals but Top 100 and Top 5 ILB on 247. Guessing he gets a nice bump on Rivals in their next update.

I'm no fan of recruiting services, but the rating differential between 24/7 and Rivals on a number of 2020 kids is really wacky.

LOVE his athleticism. UGA taking two LB this year, 3 max. Trying to get 2 of Sherman, Flowe, or Simpson. The other UT is recruiting Whitehead hard and trying to get him to visit. Others trying to get in the mix with him as well. Love his athleticism, love the attitude (that I’ve seen), seems to have the work ethic you want. Me? I’d make room for him at LB. Don’t see UGA offering him as RB.
Sounds like if we can make him believe he'll get a shot at RB he could be a Vol?

Sounds like if we can make him believe he'll get a shot at RB he could be a Vol?
I think UT probably leads either way. His speed, and size are 5 Starish. I don’t see enough wiggle for him to be a RB. Straight line speed, sure. So if the hole is wide open with no movement, he’s Gone. That would be the only thing bc he has the speed size and power to run people over, just not the moves to get around them (in the SEC). Only thing on defense I see (and easily corrected by coaches) is I’d like to see him drive thru the block and drive thru the tackle. He seems to like WWE moves and tries to toss the ball carrier. I guess more pop is what I’d say and more suddenness to start/stoping. Improve those two and sky is limit. He’s valuable clay that needs molded.

I think UT probably leads either way. His speed, and size are 5 Starish. I don’t see enough wiggle for him to be a RB. Straight line speed, sure. So if the hole is wide open with no movement, he’s Gone. That would be the only thing bc he has the speed size and power to run people over, just not the moves to get around them (in the SEC). Only thing on defense I see (and easily corrected by coaches) is I’d like to see him drive thru the block and drive thru the tackle. He seems to like WWE moves and tries to toss the ball carrier. I guess more pop is what I’d say and more suddenness to start/stoping. Improve those two and sky is limit. He’s valuable clay that needs molded.
Thanks for the breakdown. Sounds like an ATH that we need on our roster. And about 20 more of them.

Spoke with a UGA insider today about Len’Neth. He says that they offered after the Opening when he ran the low number but apparently the number was wrong. Now they are tore over what to do with him. Don’t want to sour a relationship in their backyard but have bigger priorities on the board. Believes Tennessee is in the best spot

Spoke with a UGA insider today about Len’Neth. He says that they offered after the Opening when he ran the low number but apparently the number was wrong. Now they are tore over what to do with him. Don’t want to sour a relationship in their backyard but have bigger priorities on the board. Believes Tennessee is in the best spot
Nice. Timeline?

Any idea what the wrong 40 time was?

So UGA offered based on just one thing. Seems sort of short sided doesn’t it?

VN Store

Back