'20 GA RB Len'Neth Whitehead (UT SIGNEE)

I don't buy it either, and even though I feel this will not be a great class, I am not one of the idiots that need to go on a pitchfork and torch rampage at the staff either. This is just a weird set of circumstances, and I don't think it has a dern thing to do with GSU..

I mean ACTING class...are you effin kidding me ? 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ What a effin joke..this dude ain't serious about his football career at all if that is for real...acting...🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Seriously? You do realize there is a lot of life to be lived after a “football career”, right?

I’m shocked! How dare this kid have a long term view of what he wants to do with his life and his sole focus is isn’t to make Tennessee football great again.......

That’s what I don’t get. These programs that are struggling are way ahead of us. There is something wrong with our recruiting right now. It’s weird.
In state / in city programs. A&M and Texas generally get their pick of a large pool of highly rated in state recruits. Same with Miami and south Florida recruits. Tennessee’s in state highly ranked recruits aren’t nearly as numerous.
That explains ranking, but what remains puzzling is how we lose our in state kids year after year to Clemson, Auburn, UGA, Bama and now A&M.

In state / in city programs. A&M and Texas generally get their pick of a large pool of highly rated in state recruits. Same with Miami and south Florida recruits. Tennessee’s in state highly ranked recruits aren’t nearly as numerous.
That explains ranking, but what remains puzzling is how we lose our in state kids year after year to Clemson, Auburn, UGA, Bama and now A&M.
This is puzzling to you? Really?

Hard to says Nashville area is instate kids. There has been such an influx of people that have more to this area. They have not been here long enough to be a UT fan. Most are fans of their parents out of state team.
Hardy is a strange one. His brother played for us.

Yeah ok. aTm sitting with the #6 class right now, Texas 7th, both have the same record we do. Miami sitting at 14 with 3 terrible losses, barely bowl eligible.

Like I said, easiest excuse usually wins out....

Texas, Texas and Florida... :\

This is puzzling to you? Really?
Yes. In state schools have built in advantage. Whether grew up a fan or proximity to home, it’s an early advantage, but outside of Lawrence and a few others, we squander it. The high profile programs can recruit nationally because they can point to recent success. We went after said national recruits with a wait and see pitch that came back to bite us early on and slow played our our in staters imo. Left the door open for other programs. Seems like taking care of business at home and prioritizing in staters, we wouldn’t be here.
Cue Big Newt

Reactions: BucksnortVol
Seriously? You do realize there is a lot of life to be lived after a “football career”, right?

I’m shocked! How dare this kid have a long term view of what he wants to do with his life and his sole focus is isn’t to make Tennessee football great again.......

Oh come on..get off your soap box..

That is not what I freakin meant dude..good lord..you people jump on every damn thing somebody says...jeez.

My point was directed toward people bitching at the staff for the struggles of this particular recruiting cycle..

Acting?..seriously? I mean come on...who saw that coming..🤦‍♂️

If the kid is more interested in acting than his football career...more power to him..and good luck with that..🤷‍♂️

Tennessee kids suck at being Tennesseans..

Oh come on..get off your soap box..

That is not what I freakin meant dude..good lord..you people jump on every damn thing somebody says...jeez.

My point was directed toward people bitching at the staff for the struggles of this particular recruiting cycle..

Acting?..seriously? I mean come on...who saw that coming..🤦‍♂️

If the kid is more interested in acting than his football career...more power to him..and good luck with that..🤷‍♂️
Well excuse me for missing your blue font. Oh but wait, you couldn’t resist taking another back handed shot at the kid for being interested in acting...... And you accuse me of being on a soapbox and call me a jerk....... 😂👍

Reactions: SugarCC
Tennessee kids suck at being Tennesseans..

Not just kids. We complain constantly about that and the media, but I also know a lot of regular fans, in TN, that irk me with the, basically, anyone but TN, mentality.

No different than national media outrage over a helmet tug (tons of other examples), but it's never mentioned at other places.
Weird af but it's literally cool to dislike UT.

Not just kids. We complain constantly about that and the media, but I also know a lot of regular fans, in TN, that irk me with the, basically, anyone but TN, mentality.

No different than national media outrage over a helmet tug (tons of other examples), but it's never mentioned at other places.
I have never understood it.

Yes. In state schools have built in advantage. Whether grew up a fan or proximity to home, it’s an early advantage, but outside of Lawrence and a few others, we squander it. The high profile programs can recruit nationally because they can point to recent success. We went after said national recruits with a wait and see pitch that came back to bite us early on and slow played our our in staters imo. Left the door open for other programs. Seems like taking care of business at home and prioritizing in staters, we wouldn’t be here.
Cue Big Newt
You seem to labor under the assumption that all kids that live in Tennessee dream of going to UT regardless of who offers them. It’s just not so. This is a business decision to most of them.

Also how do you know who the staff prioritizes and what effort they put into their recruitment. Your answer to that is going to have to be more than VolNation or one/all of the ‘ratings’ sites.

Reactions: bignewt
listen pal. speak for yourself. lived all over, love it here. it doesnt hurt we have finest freestone smallmouth fishery, and two even better smallmouth tailwater fisheries.

What the hell are you jabbering on about..what in the heck does what I said have to do with that? I love Tennessee too...it is my home no matter where I go. A lot of Tennessee kids act like they hate it, and I am not just talking about football recruits either.

Reactions: Volbucky

Not saying it’s all deserved, but some of that we bring on ourselves.

Well excuse me for missing your blue font. Oh but wait, you couldn’t resist taking another back handed shot at the kid for being interested in acting...... And you accuse me of being on a soapbox and call me a jerk....... 😂👍

No...you're wrong..I didn't mean it as a backhanded shot at all..

Not saying it’s all deserved, but some of that we bring on ourselves.

I'm not as convinced. We see our faults because we follow us. But after taking a look at Twitter, etc., for others, we're not as different as folks act like we are. And a lot of Miami types are way worse but don't get drug the way we do.

And the same thing that keeps us in recruiting (location/proximity) also gives these kids tons of other options. Lots of transplants + lots of options = meh.
That’s a fair point. If you live in the heart of Tennessee, you can drive 3 hours and be at nearly 2/3 of the campuses in the SEC.If you live in the heart of Texas, you can drive 3 hours and be in....Texas. With three more hours of Texas to go.

Cue Big Newt
giphy.gif

What the hell are you jabbering on about..what in the heck does what I said have to do with that? I love Tennessee too...it is my home no matter where I go. A lot of Tennessee kids act like they hate it, and I am not just talking about football recruits either.

'Tennessee kids suck at being Tennesseans'. Paints a broad picture. Tighten it up there, Don.

As for fishing talk, was trying to keep it lighthearted. But if you want to be an ass.

VN Store

Back