'20 GA RB Len'Neth Whitehead (UT SIGNEE)

It just hasn’t been fun to follow this year. Top targets putting off committing, never getting any real momentum, AU stealing hardy, losing any chance on Jarrett, Smalls, and Sewell. It just hasn’t been a fun recruiting cycle
Bass, I'm somewhat disappointed in you. Remember, we have Nieds and Tee. Don't put the fishing net away yet.

It's what happens when you lose to Ga St to start the year.

Starting 1-4 killed any chance of this being a good class. Had we won the first 2 and went 9-3 it would be a lot different outlook right now.
The negative press Pruitt's gotten over grabbing JG's facemask and now Kirkland's knee issue hasn't helped either. Gotta think other coaching staffs are using it against him.

UCLA just offered a few weeks ago. He set up an OV soon afterward. It's just a visit. He may not even want to go so far away from home.

He's already taken OVs to UT and SCAR.

Reactions: Big Gucci Sosa
I don’t buy the we lost to Gstate so recruiting sucks bit. Just something the fans use because they can’t figure anything else out to say.

Catbone?
you can
I don’t buy the we lost to Gstate so recruiting sucks bit. Just something the fans use because they can’t figure anything else out to say.

Catbone?

If you think the horrid start to the season had nothing to do with the recruiting going south, your crazy. We were in on several guys going in to the start of the season until Ga State and BYU happened and then got curb stomped by UF.

I'm not saying it's the only thing contributing to it, but I have 0 doubt we're sitting here worried about why we aren't finishing strong recruiting if we're 9-3, which is exactly where we should have been.

Reactions: tatervol
you can

If you think the horrid start to the season had nothing to do with the recruiting going south, your crazy. We were in on several guys going in to the start of the season until Ga State and BYU happened and then got curb stomped by UF.

I'm not saying it's the only thing contributing to it, but I have 0 doubt we're sitting here worried about why we aren't finishing strong recruiting if we're 9-3, which is exactly where we should have been.
Yeah ok. aTm sitting with the #6 class right now, Texas 7th, both have the same record we do. Miami sitting at 14 with 3 terrible losses, barely bowl eligible.

Like I said, easiest excuse usually wins out....

It's what happens when you lose to Ga St to start the year.

Starting 1-4 killed any chance of this being a good class. Had we won the first 2 and went 9-3 it would be a lot different outlook right now.
I feel like recruits are still watching Tennessee though. And we finished season strong. I have a hard time believing they are making their decision based off the first couple games of season. If we can get a win against a stout opponent in a bowl game, that would help.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Yeah ok. aTm sitting with the #6 class right now, Texas 7th, both have the same record we do. Miami sitting at 14 with 3 terrible losses, barely bowl eligible.

That’s what I don’t get. These programs that are struggling are way ahead of us. There is something wrong with our recruiting right now. It’s weird.

That’s what I don’t get. These programs that are struggling are way ahead of us. There is something wrong with our recruiting right now. It’s weird.
Who knows bass, maybe Pruitt has already caught the big ones and just keeping them in the livewell until the weigh in.

Reactions: Pane di mais
The negative press Pruitt's gotten over grabbing JG's facemask and now Kirkland's knee issue hasn't helped either. Gotta think other coaching staffs are using it against him.
Sorry if I’m behind the times.. but what would the negative recruiting be regarding Kirklands knee injury? Does it just tie back to the ESPN report last week?

Recruits decide early where they want to go. Texas and A&M had a lot of positive press before the season started especially to all those recruits in Texas. While we were coming off a 4 then 5 win season which had recruits in wait and see mode. Then they saw a 1-4 start with expectations being a 3 to 4 win season. As you said we never really got momentum during the season, and just when Hardy was supposed to kick it off, he deserted. Coaches are on the road. Let's see what they can do.

Catbone?
I don't buy it either, and even though I feel this will not be a great class, I am not one of the idiots that need to go on a pitchfork and torch rampage at the staff either. This is just a weird set of circumstances, and I don't think it has a dern thing to do with GSU..

I mean ACTING class...are you effin kidding me ? 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ What a effin joke..this dude ain't serious about his football career at all if that is for real...acting...🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Last edited:

I agree..I understand why people feel that way..but when you actually analyze each recruit individually, you get a more clear picture....GSU did not have anything to do with this.

Like I said..it is just a weird set of circumstances this year.

Acting class? 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

VN Store

Back