'20 GA RB Len'Neth Whitehead (UT SIGNEE)

Reactions: T2P_Priceless
Not if we get all of the Whitehouse Trio.
Depends on where the Whitehaven trio end up position-wise. Could see French move to DL and TM to a hybrid DB role. Eason may be the only MLB. We definitely wanna add another LB or two in this class...
Edit to add: Continued evidence of Pruitt liking “multiple” guys - who can play both sides/multiple positions. Really helps with a depth-deprived team where you can’t afford to miss on evals. If they don’t pan out at one position, move em. I.e. Banks -> LB after fumble issues

Depends on where the Whitehaven trio end up position-wise. Could see French move to DL and TM to a hybrid DB role. Eason may be the only MLB. We definitely wanna add another LB or two in this class...
Edit to add: Continued evidence of Pruitt liking “multiple” guys - who can play both sides/multiple positions. Really helps with a depth-deprived team where you can’t afford to miss on evals. If they don’t pan out at one position, move em. I.e. Banks -> LB after fumble issues

Lol glad you corrected my autocorrect without criticism 😂

Reactions: NashVolDavis

Hopefully we get a “Big” linebacker commit.

Reactions: NashVolDavis
Lol glad you corrected my autocorrect without criticism 😂
I’m one of the well-intentioned around here..for the most part :) Hope we land another big LBer too! Sewell is prob Oregon bound unfortunately, he’s #1 on the board. Leading for Tisdol unless he gets his coveted Auburn offer. Morgen Joseph, FSU flip target could play inside or outside. Gotta get one of these guys, imo - especially if Whiteheads gonna play RB

I’m one of the well-intentioned around here..for the most part :) Hope we land another big LBer too! Sewell is prob Oregon bound unfortunately, he’s #1 on the board. Leading for Tisdol unless he gets his coveted Auburn offer. Morgen Joseph, FSU flip target could play inside or outside. Gotta get one of these guys, imo - especially if Whiteheads gonna play RB

Have to get more DL as well if we're talking needs.

Have to get more DL as well if we're talking needs.
Certainly, we’ve haven’t yet met our DL needs in this class, but we’ve got those coming. Baron, Ox, Big O, etc. could add to the guys we already have committed. Bailey is gonna be a solid player, and French will get a look at SDE. Plus we literally don’t lose a single DL next year thanks to Gooden redshirt. Him, Middleton, Solomon, Bumphus, Butler, Blakey, Savion, Emerson, Mincey, Garland - all back...AND Simmons off a RS. LB is more pressing with Bituli leaving behind Hank, Page, JJP who remains an uncertainty, and Beasley if he doesn’t get moved back to RB or Safety. Crouch may move inside, but that only leaves additional need at OLB with Taylor graduating and less than stellar recruiting at that position so far from this staff. Desperately need Harrison, Bennett, and Johnson to step up next year!

I think Pruitt has made it clear that he won’t force a kid to play a position they don’t want to play. If Whitehead wants to play RB, then he will get that opportunity.

We’ve been missing this caliber of athlete in the backfield for awhile now. If for whatever reason RB doesn’t translate to the next level, then Pruitt will find a way to get him on the field elsewhere. Too good not to.

Have to like our chances with him postponing his decision coming off the SC visit.

Vol.

VN Store

Back