'19 GA LB Jamie Pettway (Missouri signee)

Moved up to a 4 star in 24/7's Linebacker rankings:

Previously: No. 646 nationally, No. 39 ILB
New: No. 267 nationally, No. 18 ILB

Why the move: We already liked what we saw out of Pettway in a camp setting in terms of a 230-pound linebacker showing the movement skills of a player about 30 pounds lighter. During his senior season, he has shown an ability to separate man from football due to his physicality and play with control despite his size. - Simmons

Wonder if they’ve turned up the heat on him lately.

Possible. They might like his senior film. And idk if relevant at all but Henry’s statline has been pretty pedestrian per the VQ updates. Think he only had 1 tackle his last game.

Heck yeah, glad to see him get that 4-star rating form 247. Always thought he was underrated, and I've wanted the Vols to take him for a while. Seemed like he really wanted to be here a few months ago.

Why the move: We already liked what Pettway paid us for a camp setting in terms of cash money homey showing the dealing skills of a player about 30 thousand richer. During his senior season, he has shown an ability to separate pay from football due to his deposits in our bank accounts and payments with credit cards despite his age. - Simmons
FYP. Simmons on truth serum.

My mistake. You were talking about a Rivals camp and the above was a 247 camp. Still, I think he's always been a 3 star on Rivals but 247 bumped him to a 4 star after their camp.

Rivals rankings suck anyways.

Correct sir. No arguments from me that 247 is far superior to Rivals. I just happened to see him on the Rivals camp this summer when absolutely no decent sports were on TV.

I was using his offer list as a frame of reference on the 247 link.

No recent visits that I can recall and no mention of him by the VQ mods when discussing LB options.

We’re probably just a hat on the table.

Butch Jones=no development. Jeremy Pruitt and staff=development. You see, all of you uncle Lou’s keep forgetting about that.

First part of your statement is accurate but it's WAY too early to say Jeremy Pruitt and staff=development. Certainly, I hope 2-3 years from now it is an accurate statement. Keeping it real and balanced!

Go VOLS!!!

VN Store

Back