‘23 GA LB Grant Godfrey (Kensucky commit)

We need to land at least two of Telander, Jalen Smith and Godfrey. Seems like we are in pretty good spots for all three though.
Hopefully we land all 3 plus Justin Jefferson. Maybe somehow land Dakaari Nelson too. I think he would be a great hybrid player in Banks’s defense

Watched this guy and something I noticed is mostly all his 'tackles' in his highlights the player doesn't go down
The athleticism is there, but he seems very weak physically and he never delivers any pop when he tackles. Maybe he'll be much improved his senior year. Right now he looks like an FCS level player to me.

Watched this guy and something I noticed is mostly all his 'tackles' in his highlights the player doesn't go down
The athleticism is there, but he seems very weak physically and he never delivers any pop when he tackles. Maybe he'll be much improved his senior year. Right now he looks like an FCS level player to me.
Lol what are y’all watching?

Reactions: OneVolNation
If I was recruiting him, it would be on offense. He tackles with his hands and arms. I seldom saw him lower his shoulder and drive a runner backwards. He is skilled in getting to the ball, but he made very few solo hits which took the runner down. Just my observations.

Yeah he should resend all of his D1 offers from qualified coaches who have studied his film and do it for a living lol
Didn't say he wasn't D1 or that I didn't want him. Just made an observation. Some were complaining about his tackling and I gave my opinion on what I thought may help.

If I was recruiting him, it would be on offense. He tackles with his hands and arms. I seldom saw him lower his shoulder and drive a runner backwards. He is skilled in getting to the ball, but he made very few solo hits which took the runner down. Just my observations.

I agree. I don’t see any explosion when he hits/tackles. Tackling can be worked on but it’s the lack of explosion/impact that would be my concern. I can see why he’s lower on the board at this point.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back