'21 GA ILB Trevin Wallace (UK signee)

Auburn, uscjr, and UGA pursuing:
The heavy interest from Auburn has made an impression on Wallace.

“They have made a big impression on me,” he said. “They are giving me a lot to think about. I am very interested in Auburn.”

In three games this season, Wallace, who is 6-foot-2 and 215 pounds, has recorded 24 tackles, two sacks, three tackles-for-loss and an interception. He’s also receiving heavy interest from Georgia and South Carolina.
— Rivals

@Weezer do you have the blurb from 247?

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
"Trevin Wallace has been committed to Boston College for more than four months, but he received a scholarship offer from Tennessee nearly two weeks ago. The Vols are now just one of a few SEC teams who are trying to convince him not to stick with the Eagles.
The Class of 2021 linebacker from Wayne County High School in Jesup, Ga., told 247Sports’ Keith Niebuhr that Tennessee is one of the teams currently pushing hardest to flip him from Boston College, along with Auburn and South Carolina, and he’s still keeping an open mind despite his commitment to the Eagles.

“I mean, my recruitment’s still open, so I’m still kind of looking,” Wallace said, “because everybody’s coming to me and they’re still talking good, so it’s still open.”
The 6-foot-2, 225-pound Wallace said he’s hearing from the Vols “every day” after getting an offer from them on Oct. 13. But asked Friday night which teams currently have the most realistic shot at stealing him away from the Eagles, he said, “I’m going to say Auburn and South Carolina.”
“I mean, South Carolina, they’re close and then they’re a good program,” said Wallace, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the No. 19 inside linebacker in the 2021 class. “I like how they do everything.
“And, plus, they say they’re going to put me in a good position to make me a better football player.”
The 6-foot-2, 225-pound Wallace admitted Tennessee is a little bit behind the Tigers and Gamecocks in his mind at the moment. But he said Vols inside linebackers coach Brian Niedermeyer has stayed in frequent contact with him over the past two weeks.
“I talk to Tennessee every day,” Wallace said. “Mornings, (Niedermeyer) texts me good morning. He checks up on me. He’s been on me, and that’s real good. I like that.”
Wallace said he has a good impression of Tennessee’s program, too.
“They’re good,” he said. “I like it.”
He said he doesn’t plan to be an early enrollee at the school of his choice, and he “might wait ‘til February” to sign rather than making a final decision by the Early Signing Period in December. If he decides to wait, he said he’s hoping to visit Auburn and South Carolina sometime after the ongoing dead period for recruiting, which has already been extended through Jan. 1.
“And I’m going to try to get to Tennessee, and Florida State, too,” Wallace added.
He said he’s “real close” with South Carolina linebackers coach Rod Wilson after getting an offer from the Gamecocks in August.
“We’re real good,” Wallace said of Wilson. “Me and him are real close. We talk every day on the phone, night. He checks up on me like I’m his brother, I’m his son.”
Auburn, which extended an offer to him in May, also has been recruiting him hard in recent months.
“Auburn, they’re on my behind every day,” Wallace said.
He said he plans to make a final decision after his senior season. He’s admittedly torn right now on what he might do.
“I might get a flip,” Wallace said. “Might not.”
247Sports' Keith Niebuhr contributed to this report

Reactions: EdEcEko77
So we’re trailing two programs who might be hiring a new coach at years end.

With Nieds on the case, feels like all we have to do is get him on campus to move to the top of his list.

I’m all for adding as many linebackers as we can this class.

Reactions: igotworms
So we’re trailing two programs who might be hiring a new coach at years end.

With Nieds on the case, feels like all we have to do is get him on campus to move to the top of his list.

I’m all for adding as many linebackers as we can this class.

Were gonna need it with all the question marks after this season

Okay, I'll be that guy. With the new offers to Wallace and the JUCO LB Young, are we expecting to lose a current LB commit....or are these offers going out because Mondon is a no go? Or both?

Okay, I'll be that guy. With the new offers to Wallace and the JUCO LB Young, are we expecting to lose a current LB commit....or are these offers going out because Mondon is a no go? Or both?

Happens every year when they hit the bye week and have game film of kids for this season. Coaches get time to sit down and review and send out offers.

Reactions: volfaninpa
Happens every year when they hit the bye week and have game film of kids for this season. Coaches get time to sit down and review and send out offers.
Hope they're reviewing our tape and working hard in practice to fix all the problems.

But I know what you mean. Now that they have some tape for this season to review, they'll look for more guys to offer.

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan
Hope they're reviewing our tape and working hard in practice to fix all the problems.

But I know what you mean. Now that they have some tape for this season to review, they'll look for more guys to offer.

I’d say one knock anyone wouldn’t be able to make on Pruitt, regardless of his HC ability, is his work ethic. By all accounts he works his butt off and I’m sure he doesn’t accept anything less from the staff. So I’m sure they’re doing everything possible to improve the team. Unless he’s just got everyone fooled.

I’d say one knock anyone wouldn’t be able to make on Pruitt, regardless of his HC ability, is his work ethic. By all accounts he works his butt off and I’m sure he doesn’t accept anything less from the staff. So I’m sure they’re doing everything possible to improve the team. Unless he’s just got everyone fooled.

It's not in the trying. We all know he's trying. It's all about succeeding. We need him to succeed.

Probably a hedge on both of you had to figure. This staff gives a lot of offers and recruits a lot of kids it doesn’t take.

A lot of SEC teams have offered Wallace and more elite teams have offered the JUCO LB in the last week or so. These guys are more sought after than what their rating says. I think we are just throwing our hat into the ring in case something does happen.

A lot of SEC teams have offered Wallace and more elite teams have offered the JUCO LB in the last week or so. These guys are more sought after than what their rating says. I think we are just throwing our hat into the ring in case something does happen.

Yeah we’re doing due diligence. Have to be relentless recruiters. Especially in a down year. We have kids committed, but they’re being pursued by other schools and you never know who goes where at the end of the day.

Feels like we are throwing more LB offers out - which makes sense. We need to rebuild that position. We only have HT for one more year (likely) and the jury is still out on Banks/Crouch.

Tennessee is one of 17 offers on the table for the 6-foot-2, 212-pound athlete and are continuing to recruit the Wayne County standout hard.

“Coach [Brian] Niedermeyer and coach [Shelton] Felton text me every day and ask me how my day is,” Wallace said. “They talk to my parents a lot – my dad a whole lot. That’s really important to me and influences me, too.”

“I see a lot of good stuff going on at Tennessee. It’s a good school. They would put me in the right position and mold me as a man as well. I like them and could see myself playing there.”

Tennessee forecasts Wallace as an outside linebacker on the edge at the collegiate level due to his size, athleticism and physicality. He has also been clocked at 4.4 seconds in the 40-yard dash.

“Seeing how that position plays out, getting to rush the passer and make plays – that excites me,” Wallace said.
e.cain

Yeah we’re doing due diligence. Have to be relentless recruiters. Especially in a down year. We have kids committed, but they’re being pursued by other schools and you never know who goes where at the end of the day.

Feels like we are throwing more LB offers out - which makes sense. We need to rebuild that position. We only have HT for one more year (likely) and the jury is still out on Banks/Crouch.

No the jury is in. They are rbs.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN

I don’t think HT leaves early. We always act like someone that plays decent is going pro early. I see him make plays but I don’t see him as a NFL player yet or at all. He is just better than the rest of our LBs.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN

VN Store

Back