'20 GA ILB Desmond Tisdol (Auburn commit)

Niebuhr said that he wouldn’t count out Auburn even if he doesn’t OV this weekend. He said he has been there a ton already.
Sounds like something AU would do. Save an OV for someone else knowing this kid would bend over backwards for a spot.

really believe Kaho will be the better player as well.
I feel like if Pruitt wants him and pushes harder for him than Kaho then Pruitt feels he is the better option. Will be interesting to see how all of this shakes out. I trust the coach .

Last edited:
Not a take for Auburn right now. They won't let him sign early and we're telling him he needs to sign early to assure a spot. Unless they're at the top of the board, guys who're waiting until February are taking a big risk. We're trying to nail down our core class on ESD, then be opportunistic after the bowl.

Guys holding out hope for another school are always a risk. You can't count on them until we have the signed LOI in hand. Dee Beckwith is much the same. He doesn't want to sign early because he's hoping Bama might make room for him (and his brother).
Bama would have to drop someone to take Beckwith and I don’t see that happening

AU mods think Tisdol is a take for AU and that he likely signs with them on the 18th.

Which brings us to Desmond Tisdol, the 4-star backer from Rochelle (Ga.) Wilcox County. Once, this was an Auburn-South Carolina battle and Tisdol wanted to commit to Auburn this summer. Some close to him advised him to wait, but when he did that allowed another 4-star, Wesley Steiner of Houston County (Ga.), to grab what was at the time Auburn's last linebacker spot. The spot, however, opened up again when Simpson de-committed.

Tisdol, the No. 23 recruit in Georgia for the industry generated 247Sports Composite, visited Auburn for the Iron Bowl and spoke highly about the Tigers after the game. Auburn then had two coaches -- Williams and defensive coordinator Kevin Steele -- at his school Monday. Our intel suggests the Tigers would take Tisdol at this time. While Tennessee also is right there and the Vols are pushing hard, we think he could be Auburn's to lose.

Out of Simpson and Tisdol, it's clear to us Auburn has a far better shot with Tisdol. In fact, we think there's a fairly good chance he lands at Auburn.

Will Tisdol officially visit Auburn this weekend, as originally scheduled? We've heard that official now will place at a later date.

Tisdol is not an early enrollee but wants to sign in December.

If things don't work out with either of these targets, you could see Auburn ramp things up with Eric Shaw, the South Carolina commit from Reeltown High (Ala.). We've been told my more than a few people he had a strong season.

- Keith Niebuhr

Yeah, all about whether Auburn will take him or not. Kind of works out for us, we either land him or force auburn to take him ahead of their timetable.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
So who has more info on this kid, Simmons (rivals) or Niebuhr (247). They seem to conflict slightly and Simmons has been around the kid making videos and what not.
Trust Simmons over Niebuhr. Not even close when it comes to Georgia kids.

Another example of a kid dying to play for an in-state school and willing to risk a spot somewhere else to land there. Meanwhile, our in-state kids troll us, or say we offered too late...blah blah blah...yeah, Jay Hardy, I’m looking at you. And don’t come @ me, bignewt, with the who cares if our recruits are in-state or not spill...I'm just making a point. 😎

Edit: I had an @InVOLuntary moment and forgot Tisdol is from Georgia. Pay no attention to my stupid comment above. @bignewt, feel free to roast me now. lol!

Last edited:
Another example of a kid dying to play for an in-state school and willing to risk a spot somewhere else to land there. Meanwhile, our in-state kids troll us, or say we offered too late...blah blah blah...yeah, Jay Hardy, I’m looking at you. And don’t come @ me, bignewt, with the who cares if our recruits are in-state or not spill...I'm just making a point. 😎
Tisdol is from Ga, not bama.

Tisdol is from Georgia...
Auburn is in Alabama.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Tisdol is from Ga, not bama.
Yeah, that’s right. For some reason I had in the back of my mind he was from AL, when I typed the message. Another point that’s related...how long has it been since we had kids with this level of talent waiting on the green light from us? Way too long.

Yeah, that’s right. For some reason I had in the back of my mind he was from AL, when I typed the message. Another point that’s related...how long has it been since we had kids with this level of talent waiting on the green light from us? Way too long.
1575636512379.gif

If he’s a take for AU he gone

From where he grew up I can see how he may have a desire to go to AU.... It is closer to Auburn than Athens by a little for him and twice as far to UT than AU. About 3 hours each way to the other 2 and 6 hours to Ktown and you have to go through Macon for Athens and Macon, Atlanta, and Chattanooga to get to Neyland. With TV distance is not the factor it used to be, but driving 3 hours after a game is way more doable than 6 if you want to avoid motel expense or free the dog sitter. For what it is worth it is 4 hours to Cockland...all this according to Google Maps.

Facotr? Not a clue...

VN Store

Back