GA fan makes big predictions for Vols in 2019

come on now, you got a GA fan saying they hope you get 10 wins this season and predicting you at 9 while most of your own fans on here won't even do that
I live in Georgia, just a bit north of Athens. I'm married to a Georgia peach who is a dawg fan. I don't even like her, so you ain't getting any love from me 🤣. This is football!😆😁

GA is probably the only true friendly rivalry we have, as opposed to the bitter rivalry of Bama and FL. Good post. With the uncertainty of injuries, nobody knows what is going to happen, and that is the excitement of college football.

I don't know, the Bama rivalry is strong, but bitter? I like to call it heated. I reserve bitter for Fla. only.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Appreciate the sentiment and a lot of the reasoning. But your post is the ultimate optimistic, best case scenario post, and if you’re a Tennessee fan, you know better than to go that route, it’s been proven to be fool’s gold over the last 10-15 dreadful seasons.

I think Tennessee’s ceiling is 7 wins this year, that Florida, Georgia, Alabama, likely Miss State are certain, ironclad losses. If Tennessee doesn’t play much better and with great focus, that either BYU or, more likely, UAB, will beat them in Neyland. I think we beat Kentucky as they come back to earth to being the .500 program that they are. I think SCar is a tossup/lean towards SCar, and that Tennessee will lose 1 of Vandy and Missouri. We’ll surely beat our other 2 poor OOC opponents. Just how it is until Pruitt, who was responsible for a school-record 6 losses by 25 points or more last year (Jones only lost 3 such games in 2017’s awful season), proves otherwise.

I gave you a like even though I didn't like what you said. But, what you say is every to the point and quite possible.

Reactions: KBVol
I live in Georgia, just a bit north of Athens. I'm married to a Georgia peach who is a dawg fan. I don't even like her, so you ain't getting any love from me 🤣. This is football!😆😁

Poor soul... Win or lose, you lose!!! That's the way it is for us with all women. (most of the time)

Reactions: joevol33
Hello all, I lurk around the message boards of many teams. It helps me get better news and alternative perspectives on the recruiting trail, fans thoughts, etc. I love college football and I try to look at it from all angles

I am a GA alumni and fan. I am also a little bored this evening and felt like laying out a few thoughts for you all.

I truly think that UT finishes 2nd or 3rd this year in the east. Yes, I do think that UGA finishes first. I think that UT has the weapons to upset some people. Many other teams will undergo a lot of rebuilding over the next season while UT has virtually no turnover of players from 2018 to 2019. Given lack of turnover of players, a better offensive coordinator, and a second year with the coaching staff implementing their systems then one would only think there would be improvement, right??

I do not think many would disagree that UT should pick up an additional 2 wins over last season with the potential of picking up an additional 4 wins from last year.

UF is losing 4 out of 5 of their starting offensive lineman from 2018. They lose their leaders on defense as well. They do not yet have the depth to truly stack the team back up

Nearly all of Vanderbilts defense graduates

Kentucky has 12 starters leaving their team and 3 of them should be drafted in the first 3 rounds

Missouri has 10 starters leaving their team and 2 should be drafted in the first 3 rounds

GA State -W
BYU -W
Chat -W
UF - L (I think this will be a close loss and I give Florida the edge only because UT is playing away)
UGA - L (given the bye week, pruitt and kirbys hostility, playing at UT and Chaney trying to prove himself.... I could see this going bad for us. I think that UT leads for some of the game, but GA has more talent and more depth on the field which helps them close it out in the 4th quarter)
MS State - W
Alabama - L
USCjr. - W
UAB - W
KY - W
Missouri - W
Vanderbilt-W

Final, 9-3

Floor of 7 wins, ceiling of 10 wins.

Good luck this year. I hope you beat the gators, but lose to UGA and close out with 10 wins.

Thank you for the honest post in what you must have known would be met with some hostility. I agree with your assessment and I think that you are a little higher on the VOLS than we are as a fan base, mostly because we are a little jaded and gun shy. But there is definitely the possibility that we surprise some teams and I would be elated at 10 wins, although I see 8 as a more realistic expectation. We will beat a couple more teams that we should have beaten last year and maybe another team that we are expected to lose to. I also think though that we may drop one to a team that we should beat. It has kind of been our M.O. of late to give games away that we had won early. I hope that your predictions are right with one exception... We upset Georgia and Florida (not likely). Thanks again!

OP, Classy post and I hope your prediction is correct.

But what I take away from your post is that obviously some Georgia fans are getting a much higher quality of meth than we are here in Tennessee.

Good luck to you and your Dawgs, except for the UT game.

GA is probably the only true friendly rivalry we have, as opposed to the bitter rivalry of Bama and FL. Good post. With the uncertainty of injuries, nobody knows what is going to happen, and that is the excitement of college football.
I live in GA, and I don't know about friendly but outside of a quirky individual here or there they hate us far less than they hate Florida, Auburn, and Georgia Tech. Most of the guys I work with have good things to say about Pruitt and took considerable delight when we beat Auburn last year.

I feel sorry fr people in Georgia and their pathetic education systems.

I actually thought that most people learned to spell D O G by the time they were 4 years old.

UGa also has a mascot that's seriously UGly.

Thanks for visiting but I bleed Tennessee Orange so I hope my footVOL Team stomps your DOGs by at least 4 Touchdowns!

VFL...GBO!!!

Hello all, I lurk around the message boards of many teams. It helps me get better news and alternative perspectives on the recruiting trail, fans thoughts, etc. I love college football and I try to look at it from all angles

I am a GA alumni and fan. I am also a little bored this evening and felt like laying out a few thoughts for you all.

I truly think that UT finishes 2nd or 3rd this year in the east. Yes, I do think that UGA finishes first. I think that UT has the weapons to upset some people. Many other teams will undergo a lot of rebuilding over the next season while UT has virtually no turnover of players from 2018 to 2019. Given lack of turnover of players, a better offensive coordinator, and a second year with the coaching staff implementing their systems then one would only think there would be improvement, right??

I do not think many would disagree that UT should pick up an additional 2 wins over last season with the potential of picking up an additional 4 wins from last year.

UF is losing 4 out of 5 of their starting offensive lineman from 2018. They lose their leaders on defense as well. They do not yet have the depth to truly stack the team back up

Kentucky has 12 starters leaving their team and 3 of them should be drafted in the first 3 rounds

Missouri has 10 starters leaving their team and 2 should be drafted in the first 3 rounds

GA State -W
BYU -W
Chat -W
UF - L (I think this will be a close loss and I give Florida the edge only because UT is playing away)
UGA - L (given the bye week, pruitt and kirbys hostility, playing at UT and Chaney trying to prove himself.... I could see this going bad for us. I think that UT leads for some of the game, but GA has more talent and more depth on the field which helps them close it out in the 4th quarter)
MS State - W
Alabama - L
USCjr. - W
UAB - W
KY - W
Missouri - W
Vanderbilt-W

Final, 9-3

Good luck this year. I hope you beat the gators, but lose to UGA and close out with 10 wins.
I don’t disagree with this. I think we fall at 8-4 if we don’t lose to anybody we shouldn’t and maybe get one upset. Just get to a bowl game and show some more progress this year. That’s all I want.

I'm a Vol living in middle GA, married to a dawg fan as well. I frequent the GON sports forum, and they give me a hard time daily. Vols beat UGA. Dawgs suck, that is all.

Very nice, optimistic post. Now it's time to run like hell, I'm convinced many are bipolar....they'll rip you a new backside for even showing up. :) Go Vols!!

Reactions: Berry4Heisman14
Young squires... Young squires... Be hospitable to our guest. He's not making moves on our daughters or trying to spike their drinks, so there is no reason to haul him out into the deep woods and leave him naked and tied up to a tree. Accept his glowing prognostication without retort. Offer him some Belle Meade Bourbon. Engage him in discussion on common ground - how our respective teams may defeat Florida.

Oh, and as an aside among ourselves, stop the nancying about the Vols prospects for defeating Florida. Last year, Tennessee won at Auburn. Surely, in the coming season, you can embrace the chance of victory at UF. If you cannot see your way towards scheming the Vols victory in the Swamp, refrain from posting on the subject. I do not care to read about your "realism."

I am old enough to have sired most of you and thankfully certain that I did not do so. If you cannot grasp the long view of fandom just yet, then, respect your elder. Offer me some Belle Meade Bourbon.

GA State -W
BYU -W
Chat -W
MS State - W
Alabama - L
USCjr. - W
UAB - W
KY - W
Missouri - W
Vanderbilt-W

Final, 9-3

You could be right. I hope you're right. It would be a spectacular season if we won 9 games this year. Thanks for your post, it was a good read.

Hummm?? 24-12 in the fourth quarter last year? A better team this year. Go figure folks.😂😂😂😂👍👍👍👍

Speak for yourself. There are about 4 teams I can't stand in the SEC, they are one of them.

Hummm?? 24-12 in the fourth quarter last year? A better team this year. Go figure folks.😂😂😂😂👍👍👍👍

Really? Of all the things you could've said it was that? There's still 14 points they got before the 4th quarter was over. I'm more optimistic for this year, but that's a terrible way to look at it.

Oh and welcome back, haven't seen you post in forever. lol

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
Young squires... Young squires... Be hospitable to our guest. He's not making moves on our daughters or trying to spike their drinks, so there is no reason to haul him out into the deep woods and leave him naked and tied up to a tree. Accept his glowing prognostication without retort. Offer him some Belle Meade Bourbon. Engage him in discussion on common ground - how our respective teams may defeat Florida.

Oh, and as an aside among ourselves, stop the nancying about the Vols prospects for defeating Florida. Last year, Tennessee won at Auburn. Surely, in the coming season, you can embrace the chance of victory at UF. If you cannot see your way towards scheming the Vols victory in the Swamp, refrain from posting on the subject. I do not care to read about your "realism."

I am old enough to have sired most of you and thankfully certain that I did not do so. If you cannot grasp the long view of fandom just yet, then, respect your elder. Offer me some Belle Meade Bourbon.
Gave you a like for the majority of this post....it’s both good and somewhat poetic. Gonna disagree on the UF sentiment however.....we have a better chance of beating both Clemson and Alabama simultaneously, 22 on 11, than we do of beating UF in the Swamp, in Neyland stadium or at the SuperBowl.

VN Store

Back