Ga fan at work swears by this stuff but this really tarnishes Fulmer (link)

I am not a Bama or UGA fan, in fact I have been a UT fan for over 50 years. Give us Fulmer’s record against Meyer, Spurrier, Riect, and Saban.

Feel free to google that and add it to the thread if you think it adds to conversation.
After you do that, since you have been a fan for so long perhaps you can also let us know which UT coach other than Neyland has a better overall better record of accomplishments over Fulmer. Thanks.

Reactions: EZE
Feel free to google that and add it to the thread if you think it adds to conversation.
After you do that, since you have been a fan for so long perhaps you can also let us know which UT coach other than Neyland has a better overall better record of accomplishments over Fulmer. Thanks.
You are comparing to Fulmer to Neyland. Fulmer never coached in that era. Neyland had to build and rebuild the program several times. Fulmer inherited a top 10 program. Neyland was a national coaching icon of in his era. Was Fulmer the dominant coach of his era? No. Neyland had 6 undefeated seasons, Fulmer had one. Neyland also had 6 seasons with one loss. Fulmer had 1 season with one loss.

As I said earlier, you cannot compare Fulmer to Neyland or any other UT coach. He is probably the only coach in UT history that was handed a championship program. We had won 3 SEC championships in the six years before he took over. In the next 17 years he only won two.

You are comparing to Fulmer to Neyland. Fulmer never coached in that era. Neyland had to build and rebuild the program several times. Fulmer inherited a top 10 program. Neyland was a national coaching icon of in his era. Was Fulmer the dominant coach of his era? No. Neyland had 6 undefeated seasons, Fulmer had one. Neyland also had 6 seasons with one loss. Fulmer had 1 season with one loss.

As I said earlier, you cannot compare Fulmer to Neyland or any other UT coach. He is probably the only coach in UT history that was handed a championship program. We had won 3 SEC championships in the six years before he took over. In the next 17 years he only won two.
And we backed into it in 97', LSU and UGA had to beat Florida for us or that team would have gone to the Citrus Bowl too.

You are comparing to Fulmer to Neyland.

I was not comparing Fulmer to Neyland - sorry if that was not clear to you. I meant to say (actually I thought I did) that behind Neyland (who I agree is in the #1 and in the category all by himself) Fulmer is the second most successful coach we ever had. Given we are historically one of the blue blood football programs in the country that is a pretty damn good accomplishment. Yes Fulmer did lose to Spurrier, Saban, and Meyer but who didn't (maybe you can name some coaches we should have hired instead of Fulmer who had winning records against those 3)?

Maxim, since you work with an UGa fan, you'll have to pay closer attention than most to the concept of "enriching others' lives."

It works like this: bring with you those things that make the lives of other people better. Leave outside the door those things that don't.

So when you get home from work, leave the frustrations out in the driveway with your car. Bring in to your family the jokes, the kindnesses, the success stories. Enrich their lives. It will have the side benefit of enriching yours, too, as you focus on the positive.

Why do I single you out for this advice? Because of that UGa fan you work with. See, he's gonna give you some stuff that might enrich HIS life, but will not improve yours. And then, you're going to come to VN.com to share your viewpoints with the rest of us. Leave that stuff the UGa fan cursed you with outside the door. Let it die out there.

Like this article.

Enrich yourself and all those around you. Try to, at least. Just say no to dawgs.

Go Vols!
Fair. Point made.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
Whenever UGA or Bama trash Fulmer you have to remember his record vs UGA was 11-6 and vs Bama was 10-5-1. His stats against UF are really the only long term blemish on his overall coaching career (there are of course one off loses to smaller schools that never should have happened, and some down years after 2000 but over the long period he was still the second most successfull UT coach - right after Neyland. There is a reason he is in HOF and won the NC. Kind of funny to see how UGA and Bama fans/media are still but hurt over Fulmer after all these years.
Yeah he rolled until they got actually competent coaches. FWIW Richt ate his lunch. It’s kinda funny how some of you ignore the shitshow Fulmer has caused not once but twice.

Whenever UGA or Bama trash Fulmer you have to remember his record vs UGA was 11-6 and vs Bama was 10-5-1. His stats against UF are really the only long term blemish on his overall coaching career (there are of course one off loses to smaller schools that never should have happened, and some down years after 2000 but over the long period he was still the second most successfull UT coach - right after Neyland. There is a reason he is in HOF and won the NC. Kind of funny to see how UGA and Bama fans/media are still but hurt over Fulmer after all these years.
That reason is named David Cutcliffe. 86-19 with, 66-33 without. And it's criminal Fulmer is taking a buyout in the middle of a pandemic when others were asked to take cuts.

Last edited:
Ignore the source UGASports - Before his scandal at Tennessee, Jeremy Pruitt's fall from grace at UGA

Swears too by the urban legend about Pruitt showing up at richts house overserved and getting beat up by two other coaches.
wonder if Fulmer looked into this on due diligence.
top ten things we won’t have to worry about Heupel: being Ernest t bass, etc...

The original story at the time was that he showed up at Ritchs overserved and was just chewed him a new one and it was applauded on their board. They said Pruitt hated Ritch for being spineless and not taking care of his players.

The getting beat up by 2 other coaches is revisionist history. Many of them wanted Pruitt over Smart when they dumped Ritch.

That reason is named David Cutcliffe. 86-19 with, 66-33 without. And it's criminal Fulmer is taking a buyout in the middle of a pandemic when others were asked to take cuts.

Of course our record during Cutcliff years was better because it covers Peyton Manning years. I love Cutcliff and since Fulmer hired him should get the credit for that as HC. Also, if it was all about Cutcliff being so much better than Fulmer then his own long term HC record at Ole Miss and Duke would reflect that - which of course is not the case. Regarding Fulmer taking the buyout - I agree with you.

Of course our record during Cutcliff years was better because it covers Peyton Manning years. I love Cutcliff and since Fulmer hired him should get the credit for that as HC. Also, if it was all about Cutcliff being so much better than Fulmer then his own long term HC record at Ole Miss and Duke would reflect that - which of course is not the case. Regarding Fulmer taking the buyout - I agree with you.
I never said Cutcliffe was better than Fulmer. I said Fulmer was much better WITH Cutcliffe. Cutcliffe's record as a head coach has absolutely nothing to do with Fulmer's. Good coordinators don't always make good head coaches. Also, it's a little harder to win, or was, at Ole Miss and Duke. All I know is things gradually got worse after Cutcliffe left UT. And why do you think Manning came to UT? David Cutcliffe.

Last edited:
Cutcliffe's record as a head coach has absolutely nothing to do with Fulmer's. Good coordinators don't always make good head coaches. Also, it's a little harder to win, or was, at Ole Miss and Duke. All I know is things gradually got worse after Cutcliffe left UT. And why do you think Manning came to UT? David Cutcliffe.

Of course - I think the world of Cutcliffe and he is my all time favorite UT coordinator (and specifically because of what he did with Peyton). However, I also give the credit to Fulmer for having Cutcliff on his staff (as well as for Chavis who was also key to the success we had under Fulmer).

Georgia fan??? Really?
source.gif

Ignore the source UGASports - Before his scandal at Tennessee, Jeremy Pruitt's fall from grace at UGA

Swears too by the urban legend about Pruitt showing up at richts house overserved and getting beat up by two other coaches.
wonder if Fulmer looked into this on due diligence.
top ten things we won’t have to worry about Heupel: being Ernest t bass, etc...

Pruitt showed up drunk in Richt's driveway, looking for a fight. Thomas Brown had to be pulled off him at practice one day. These I know to be true. Don't know about the rest.

Yeah he rolled until they got actually competent coaches. FWIW Richt ate his lunch. It’s kinda funny how some of you ignore the shitshow Fulmer has caused not once but twice.

Richt to UGA shut down Georgia recruiting
Holtz to USC slowly closed South Carolina
Tubbs to Auburn made Atlanta and South Georgia\Alabama tougher
Saban to LSU well, we know
Kentucky getting Hal Mumme kept the few in-state kids
Mack Brown to Texas closed the border
Bama coming off probation and the coaching turnover

Fulmer lived off writing the book on the national recruiting and closing, while pipelines were robust and surrounding the schools were down. We had the best buildings at the time, then other AD around the SEC and nation started pumping money into facilities and coaches. Slow bleed ensued.

Richt to UGA shut down Georgia recruiting
Holtz to USC slowly closed South Carolina
Tubbs to Auburn made Atlanta and South Georgia\Alabama tougher
Saban to LSU well, we know
Kentucky getting Hal Mumme kept the few in-state kids
Mack Brown to Texas closed the border
Bama coming off probation and the coaching turnover

Fulmer lived off writing the book on the national recruiting and closing, while pipelines were robust and surrounding the schools were down. We had the best buildings at the time, then other AD around the SEC and nation started pumping money into facilities and coaches. Slow bleed ensued.

Mack brown (x2) at UNC, and the development of Clemson hasn’t helped either.

Reactions: Majors
I’ll see if I can get it. I read it on his computer and had him email me the link. My bad.

Well, it would be appreciated. It seems almost an abomination for large numbers of Vols fans, no matter how burned out they are, to join a Georgia site even if the info might be of interest. Let's minimize this so we give their site the minimal amount of clicks.

VN Store

Back