'22 GA EDGE Joshua Josephs (Tennessee signee)

I haven't spoken with Josephs recently — he has mostly laid low in recent weeks — so I can't say for sure what he's thinking right now, but I think Tennessee is feeling better about its chances of landing him than it was about a month ago. The general consensus before his official visit with the Vols the weekend of Oct. 9 seemed to be that he was trending toward Michigan. But I think Tennessee moved the needle a bit during his official visit last month, and I think things have continued to move in the Vols' direction a little bit since then.

That doesn't mean it's over by any stretch of the imagination — and it's worth noting that he was just at Kentucky on Saturday — but I think Tennessee is in pretty good shape there, based on everything I've heard.

As for Josephs' decision timeline, I've been told on multiple occasions over the past few weeks that he was hoping to make a decision in November. But, again, I can't say for sure on that, and Josephs hasn't announced a commitment date or anything like that. It's also interesting to me that he didn't take an official visit to Kentucky last weekend. He just took an unofficial visit for Saturday's game, so will he wait and take more official visits before announcing a decision? We'll see. But Tennessee is trying to get him back to Knoxville on Saturday, in part because he might be getting closer to a decision.
callahan

Top 3 of UT, Kentucky, and Michigan. Would like to make decision in next 2 weeks.
Would be huge to pull this kid. I really think its up in the air at this point. You've got the Vols who will need him to play Day 1, a brand of defense that is flying all over the ball with the goal of making disruptive plays. Program trending upward quickly.

Kentucky - who's been putting linebackers and defensive ends in the league annually. He knows he will be prepared and NFL scouts will respect his position group coming from UK on draft day - something we have to admit.

Then Michigan who, despite their inability to win big games are still in the Top 10 annually and could sneak into the playoffs should they finally figure it out.

VN Store

Back