‘23 GA OT Bo Hughley (UGA commit)

No doubt and I think it’s easy to show that we develop better at the position. Just not sold on UGA not being a good option for a WR. Scouts are gonna see them a ton at UGA
Scouts will see them a ton not making catches or putting up stats, that is what they are saying . Scouts see them not being productive, not making splash plays. They do not get wr drafted…. Why do you think that is?

Reactions: Carp
Scouts will see them a ton not making catches or putting up stats, that is what they are saying . Scouts see them not being productive, not making splash plays. They do not get wr drafted…. Why do you think that is?

Exactly.

Bc they haven’t been great at identifying talent at the position. Jermaine Burton left UGA for Bama - who regularly gets WRs drafted and had a Heisman trophy QB - yet he had all of 11 more catches and 93 more yards than he had last season.

Bc they haven’t been great at identifying talent at the position. Jermaine Burton left UGA for Bama - who regularly gets WRs drafted and had a Heisman trophy QB - yet he had all of 11 more catches and 93 more yards than he had last season.
Okay, WR draft discussion it is.

Most people agree that Bama was "off" this year. Something was wrong with that team and they did not produce and, possibly to your point, the talent did not match up with the hype.

Pickens would have possibly been a 1st or 2nd round pick if he'd not spent last year recovering from an ACL injury. The kid was that good, if immature at times. That first catch of his in the CFP final was about as good as it gets.

Okay, WR draft discussion it is.

Most people agree that Bama was "off" this year. Something was wrong with that team and they did not produce and, possibly to your point, the talent did not match up with the hype.

Pickens would have possibly been a 1st or 2nd round pick if he'd not spent last year recovering from an ACL injury. The kid was that good, if immature at times. That first catch of his in the CFP final was about as good as it gets.

Bama was off on defense. On offense they averaged 40.8 ppg which was better than their 2021 average of 39.6.

Pickens still went in the 2nd round despite playing 8 games soph year, 4 games jr year, suffering an ACL injury, and character concerns. He is crazy talented.

Bama was off on defense. On offense they averaged 40.8 ppg which was better than their 2021 average of 39.6.

Pickens still went in the 2nd round despite playing 8 games soph year, 4 games jr year, suffering an ACL injury, and character concerns. He is crazy talented.
My bad. For some reason, I was thinking he went third round and didn't check. If he plays the full season last year, I fully believe he would have gone top 15 in the 1st round.

With regards to Alabama, didn't seem their WR production was all that. But I'm just going off my perception, have not actually looked at the stats.

Reactions: MarcoVol
You never win with cherry picked stats and opinions. And just curious, what do you think you won?
The internet's. All of them.

How are they cherry picked? We were talking about a WR. I provided stats about offense and the passing game. Seems pretty relevant and not cherry picked.

VN Store

Back