'24 GA DL Nasir Smith (Georgia Southern)

Would not be a bad dt take. Only guys on the board at dt besides him are breland and artavius Jones.

Note: Franklin is sde with ability to move inside

Reactions: Smokey19rt
DT is like OL and very developmental. We’ve got the best in the business so trust his judgment.

Had a 2022 offer from UGA (not commitable now I'd assume) and got spring 2023 offers from USC and UF among others. Grayson is a great program that plays topflight competition and of course getting more players from there never hurts the future.

We need big bodies for Garner to develop and I'd be more than happy to see Smith be a part of this class. Downgrade expectations wise from Nwaneri and Franklin? Sure - but like my guy @Ericvol2096 said it's a developmental position which lends itself to both busts and guys who overperform their recruiting pedigree.

Not saying I want this kid more than Nweneri or Williams, but this guy is already pretty close to a true position. Not a lot of body shapping necessary.

At one time we thought we were getting both of thoae guys as 5 stars, but truthfully they were still going to have to change thier body quite a bit. Hope we get that chance ,but this kid is pretty decent

Fair, but also recognize we’re turning our attention here after we’ve either whiffed on or not been able to get serious traction on guys we/he liked more.

To be fair, not being as liked as the #1 overall player in the country (Nwaneri) and Franklin doesn't mean a prospect isn't good.

To be fair, not being as liked as the #1 overall player in the country (Nwaneri) and Franklin doesn't mean a prospect isn't good.

I didn’t suggest he was bad. Just pointing out that yeah - trust RGs judgement but don’t ignore the fact that we targeted multiple players prior to turning the heat up here.

I didn’t suggest he was bad. Just pointing out that yeah - trust RGs judgement but don’t ignore the fact that we targeted multiple players prior to turning the heat up here.
Not directed at jvols1999, but generally speaking, it amazes me the number of our fans that can't distinguish the grey between the black and white, such as how you were trying to illustrate. Not slobbering over every move/coach/player doesn't equate to hating them all, either. There is a lot of middle ground to plant your flag on without taking a polar stance in either direction.

Not directed at jvols1999, but generally speaking, it amazes me the number of our fans that can't distinguish the grey between the black and white, such as how you were trying to illustrate. Not slobbering over every move/coach/player doesn't equate to hating them all, either. There is a lot of middle ground to plant your flag on without taking a polar stance in either direction.

I know you weren't taking a shot at me, but I do want to clarify that I'm in no way "slobbering" over Nasir Smith. In fact, I think what I was illustrating was exactly the grey you're talking about.

That is, no, Smith was neither a top choice for G nor is he a no-doubt blue chip DL. But that doesn't mean he's dogmeat either (NOT saying anyone on here was suggesting that), and given his size, being at Grayson, and his offer list IMO he projects as a solid rotational SEC DL with the potential to be coached up by G into something more.

Yep it’s often reaction followed overreaction.GBO

VN Store

Back