'19 GA DL Justin Eboigbe (Bama signee)

We will have a solid class. Hard to FLIP anyone from Bama these days.

Agree, that it will be solid but also the team ranking looks like it will be about where Butch had us or a little lower so Pruitt & co will really need to coach em up next year!

We went 4-8 last year and 5-7 this year. Neyland himself would have trouble convincing a kid to flip from georgia or alabama. Until we start winning again, getting big flips this late is going to be rare. Appreciate the ones they do get.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
No legit recruit who could play and perform at a championship level for Alabama would consider coming to lowly Tennessee right now. That should be beyond evident at this point.

Yeah clearly we have no recruits wanting to come and play here. I guess none of our 2019 guys either have been or are being actively recruited by Bama, Georgia, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Auburn, LSU, PSU, UM, Clemson or UF right? This is catbone level KB. Come on man you are better than this.

We went 4-8 last year and 5-7 this year. Neyland himself would have trouble convincing a kid to flip from georgia or alabama. Until we start winning again, getting big flips this late is going to be rare. Appreciate the ones they do get.

I think we just need to accept this is a two-phase rebuild. Need to recruit solid (mostly; will be a few busts and a few surprises) players and develop them to consistently beat the bottom half of the SEC. Then, build on that success and start bringing in top flight classes.

I have looked at the rebuild for too long as get a few top classes in immediately and compete for championships by year 3-4. Based on nearly 10 years of evidence, that just isn’t realistic. We need to realize this and give the coach 5-6 years to see if championships are possible.

I think we just need to accept this is a two-phase rebuild. Need to recruit solid (mostly; will be a few busts and a few surprises) players and develop them to consistently beat the bottom half of the SEC. Then, build on that success and start bringing in top flight classes.

I have looked at the rebuild for too long as get a few top classes in immediately and compete for championships by year 3-4. Based on nearly 10 years of evidence, that just isn’t realistic. We need to realize this and give the coach 5-6 years to see if championships are possible.

Great post full of truths that many just will not accept. 👍👍👍

Not going to give you a "like" cause your a dang bama boy, but you hit the nail on the head on this entire response.

What's your thoughts on UGA pulling in all these high recruits? Kirby? Bags o' cash? Fertile recruiting grounds? I understand Bama doing this with Saban, but never expected it with Kirby.

Enjoy your run with Saban, cause as soon as he passes ol Bear, he's going to retire, and ya'll are going to blow snot... :mad:

;)
UGA has arguably the best natural recruiting advantages of any school. USCw is right up there too. The state of GA is loaded with talent, most of those kids grow up UGA fans and GT can't really compete for them. Nearby Atlanta has interstate hwys to it from all directions connecting to other regional talent hotbeds and an airport you can easily fly to from anywhere in the country. UGA can easily land most of the in-state kids they want and fill the rest of their recruiting class regionally and nationally. Kirby worked for Saban for a long time, learning how to emulate Saban's systems. Kirby has an excellent staff of coaches that are also excellent recruiters. Richt left Kirby a loaded roster and recruiting class. Kirby is a UGA alum and is likely to stay there. Recruits don't have to worry about the HC leaving.

UT has everything that's needed -- heritage and brand, $s, facilities, fan support, in-state talent and proximity to regional talent pools. Pruitt has great football acumen, especially defense, is an excellent talent evaluator and recruiter, and learned well from Saban too. And Fulmer is there to aid him on the administrative side so he can focus more on the program culture, recruiting and coaching. Even though it's his first HC gig and a major rebuilding challenge, I believe Pruitt has the ability to bring UTs program back to being a top tier SEC program. But the turnaround is just going to take a few years to fully get there. It's understandable that Vols fans are anxious for quick progress, but patience and support are what Pruitt needs from the fans.

Last edited:

I wish others could accept this, and they would not be in such a panic right now. Of course that's hard considering what we've been through, and the recruiting success of GA and AL.

I wish others could accept this, and they would not be in such a panic right now. Of course that's hard considering what we've been through, and the recruiting success of GA and AL.

It’s hard to think that UT will be second tier on the field and in recruiting for, at least, a few years. Not much to get excited about under that scenario.

It’s hard to think that UT will be second tier on the field and in recruiting for, at least, a few years. Not much to get excited about under that scenario.
Tennessee is eating dust and fading fast. Same scenario every year. Just wait until January gets here and the big fish stories start again. I will say one thing, those who sign early are those who came to do the work and are anchors of the beginnings of a better team in the making. Just sorry we could not convince some other recruits we needed. They all said it was all about being able to go where they could start immediately but it isn't. Its all about winning.

UGA has arguably the best natural recruiting advantages of any school. USCw is right up there too. The state of GA is loaded with talent, most of those kids grow up UGA fans and GT can't really compete for them. Nearby Atlanta has interstate hwys to it from all directions connecting to other regional talent hotbeds and an airport you can easily fly to from anywhere in the country. UGA can easily land most of the in-state kids they want and fill the rest of their recruiting class regionally and nationally. Kirby worked for Saban for a long time, learning how to emulate Saban's systems. Kirby has an excellent staff of coaches that are also excellent recruiters. Richt left Kirby a loaded roster and recruiting class. Kirby is a UGA alum and is likely to stay there. Recruits don't have to worry about the HC leaving.

UT has everything that's needed -- heritage and brand, $s, facilities, fan support, in-state talent and proximity to regional talent pools. Pruitt has great football acumen, especially defense, is an excellent talent evaluator and recruiter, and learned well from Saban too. And Fulmer is there to aid him on the administrative side so he can focus more on the program culture, recruiting and coaching. Even though it's his first HC gig and a major rebuilding challenge, I believe Pruitt has the ability to bring UTs program back to being a top tier SEC program. But the turnaround is just going to take a few years to fully get there. It's understandable that Vols fans are anxious for quick progress, but patience and support are what Pruitt needs from the fans.

giphy.gif

Tennessee is eating dust and fading fast. Same scenario every year. Just wait until January gets here and the big fish stories start again. I will say one thing, those who sign early are those who came to do the work and are anchors of the beginnings of a better team in the making. Just sorry we could not convince some other recruits we needed. They all said it was all about being able to go where they could start immediately but it isn't. Its all about winning.

Do I have to like you to agree with you? jk

Yeah clearly we have no recruits wanting to come and play here. I guess none of our 2019 guys either have been or are being actively recruited by Bama, Georgia, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Auburn, LSU, PSU, UM, Clemson or UF right? This is catbone level KB. Come on man you are better than this.
He’ll be back someday...maybe a whole lot of them.

known insider? Hmmmm

Junior baker predicted him to UT.

If this guys is saying it’s between us and uga then it has to be us, right? Uga really going to take Norton, logue and Eboigbe?

VN Store

Back