'19 GA DL Justin Eboigbe (Bama signee)

giphy.gif

He didn't want to talk yesterday. Intel said the visit went well. Was here two days. Some folks are optimistic but staff needs to get him back for an OV. Bama not going to let him just flip easily, either. Vols are pushing hard to flip several DL committed to other SEC schools, with Eboigbe being in that group.
-Vq

Did you watch his highlight? It was all wrap tackles at the ankles. It didn’t look very good. But, you are right I shouldn’t judge based on his film....
2 things here:

Coaches break down game film, not highlights for offers. There’s a lot to the game that highlights can’t show and coaches want to see guys at their worst as well as their best before they offer them a chance to join their team.

Also, if you’re right, it wouldn’t be the first time a team reached to offer the teammate of a blue chip prospect to increase their odds of landing him. Giving up one walk on spot to land a big time player at a position of need is a pretty fair trade as long as you don’t do it too often.

2 things here:

Coaches break down game film, not highlights for offers. There’s a lot to the game that highlights can’t show and coaches want to see guys at their worst as well as their best before they offer them a chance to join their team.

Also, if you’re right, it wouldn’t be the first time a team reached to offer the teammate of a blue chip prospect to increase their odds of landing him. Giving up one walk on spot to land a big time player at a position of need is a pretty fair trade as long as you don’t do it too often.

Don’t disagree with any of this. I mean he has the height and it seems like he has the vision maybe they think they can put some mass on him

After seeing his new highlights, I see why the Vols are fighting so hard - kid is a game changer - give him whatever he wants:

yep. this guy is a difference maker. of all the guys we're working on to flip (and they're all important) i'm not sure he's not the most important. huge position of need. and exactly the type of player that can come in and probably make a difference day 1.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol

VN Store

Back