'22 GA OT Elijah Zollicoffer

Covington (Ga.) Newton offensive tackle Elijah Zollicoffer is excited about several programs heading into Sunday’s Under Armour Camp Series stop in the Atlanta area.

“University of Tennessee, University of Central Florida, University of Florida, Mississippi State, Georgia Tech,” he said.
Regarding the Vols: “I love the coaching staff,” he said adding they’ll do great things in Knoxville. “The new staff came in and kept recruiting me as a football player.”
-Wiltfong

“The new staff is keeping in touch with me a lot,” the offensive lineman told Volquest. “They started reaching out to me really when coach Heupel was first hired. I’ve also have a really good relationship with coach [Glen] Elarbee.”

“I can play both guard positions and right tackle. I also play the nose and three-technique on defense,” the Newton standout said. “He loves that I’m versatile. We talk just about every day and he really values my physicality and how I use my hands.

“Coach Elarbee and coach Heupel are my favorite coaches up there.”

“He’s a really cool guy and has a great attitude,” the Peach State native said. “I love playing in an offense that plays fast football and scores points as fast as it can. It makes other teams scared of you and causes them to change up their game plan. That’s really cool.”

“Whenever I make the decision, I’ll commit,” Zollicoffer concluded. “But it will be after next season because I have a lot to think about. This decision is for the next 50 years, not just four.

“It has to be the right one.”
e.cain

“I absolutely love the coaching staff,” Zollicoffer said. “It still clicks in person how it does on the phone, how we text, how we keep in touch. It was just like a big ol’ family when I went there.”

Zollicoffer, who holds offers from more than a dozen schools, said Florida is currently Tennessee’s main competition, with UCF and Mississippi State also in the picture. But he said no one is standing out to him more than the Vols.

“They’re the number-one contender so far,” said Zollicoffer, who’s ranked the No. 706 overall prospect in the 2022 class and the No. 68 rising senior from Georgia, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. “They’ve been top one, top two since I got the offer. But that just raised them to number one.”

Tennessee offensive line coach Glen Elarbee spent plenty of time with Zollicoffer during the visit, watching film with him and telling him how he could fit into the Vols’ plans on the offensive line.

“Me and Coach Elarbee, we were just talking before (about) things that can help me in my future, things that can make me better as a person,” Zollicoffer said. “After we watched the film, he told me I was a smart player and stuff, so we just had pretty much a lot of fun.

“He said that he loved how I’m able to move in open space and stuff of that nature, how altogether I’m a great player.”
-Callahan

Zollicoffer took in the trip with his mother, who also came away impressed. "She loved it," he said. "She loved everything about it."

The trip offered Zollicoffer the opportunity to really bond with Tennessee offensive line coach Glen Elarbee. "In the end, we went into his office and looked at film and went over plays and stuff," Zollicoffer said. "He showed me what the new offense does and how it compares to what I do and don't do in high school. Everything he coaches you up on is just him trying to teach you all those certain things. He showed me a drill that can help on the double team and how to improve my game."

In speaking with Zollicoffer after Tennessee's Orange and White game, he had the Vols in his "top two," so did today's visit shake things up? "They are leading in my recruitment right now," Zollicoffer said following the unofficial visit. "They are doing everything excellent so far. They just need to keep it up."

Vols 'Leading' In Recruitment for Standout Peach State OL Zollicoffer Following Unofficial Visit

Zollicoffer took in the trip with his mother, who also came away impressed. "She loved it," he said. "She loved everything about it."

The trip offered Zollicoffer the opportunity to really bond with Tennessee offensive line coach Glen Elarbee. "In the end, we went into his office and looked at film and went over plays and stuff," Zollicoffer said. "He showed me what the new offense does and how it compares to what I do and don't do in high school. Everything he coaches you up on is just him trying to teach you all those certain things. He showed me a drill that can help on the double team and how to improve my game."

In speaking with Zollicoffer after Tennessee's Orange and White game, he had the Vols in his "top two," so did today's visit shake things up? "They are leading in my recruitment right now," Zollicoffer said following the unofficial visit. "They are doing everything excellent so far. They just need to keep it up."
Vols 'Leading' In Recruitment for Standout Peach State OL Zollicoffer Following Unofficial Visit

Momma liked it? That’s a big positive for us.

Yea you probably the guy who thought I was crazy ..when I said that CHRIS AKPOROGHENE would not be a player here ..I said he was slow foot .. and technique needed alot of work and if he got PT if would be 3rd year at best ... so call me Troll or whatever .. I have evaluated tons of film for coaches .. its JMO

VN Store

Back