HIRAM, GA
(HIRAM)

Kristian Varner, Hiram, Strong-Side Defensive End

Rivals.com

Kristian Varner - Hudl

[twitter]989281431485583365[/twitter]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 person
On November 5, Varner backed off his pledge to the Cardinals. Three days later, Petrino was fired. Right after Varner opened his recruitment back up, new offers started rolling in and that has only increased in recent days. "It has gotten really busy recently," said Varner. "Since decommitting, Iowa, Ole Miss, UCF, Wake Forest, North Carolina and Virginia have offered. "Georgia Tech seems like they are close to offering too. It has been pretty crazy the last few days."

"I still plan to sign in December. I just think it will be better to get it done. It could possibly change, but I do not think it will. "I am doing research now, I am scheduling visits and just trying to take it as slow as I can while pushing towards a decision."

"Iowa and Georgia Tech are both coming hard. Iowa will probably get an official visit. Them, Georgia Tech and Tennessee have all asked me about taking an official visit December 14-16, so I have not decided where I am going yet. "I am just talking to coaches, seeing who offers, looking up to see what I can learn about the schools and trying to figure out the visits. I just have to find the best fit for me."

Tennessee offered Varner in the spring and the communication with them has been on and off. Defensive line coach Tracy Rocker reached back to Varner over the weekend. The Vols have done some damage in Georgia this cycle and they hope not to be done.

- Rivals

VN Store

Back