'22 GA DE CJ Madden

VOLS BATTLING FOR ANOTHER EDGE RUSHER
One of Tennessee’s newest edge-rusher targets, Carlton Madden of Cedar Grove High School in Ellenwood, Ga., recently has heard plenty from the Vols and remains a priority for them as he prepares to announce his decision on Sept. 18. Tennessee extended an offer to the 6-foot-3, 239-pound Madden on July 30 during his first visit with the Vols, and sources said they have caught his attention by talking with him frequently over the past couple weeks. With Tennessee looking to add edge rushers to its class, Madden is high on the Vols’ wish list. According to sources, he likes what he has heard about his opportunity to earn early playing time in Tennessee’s defense.

Georgia is widely believed to be the favorite to land Madden, so the Vols still might have some ground to make up on the Bulldogs. The former Colorado commitment reopened his recruitment in June, just four days after he picked up an offer from Georgia, and he visited the home-state Bulldogs again July 31 following his trip to Knoxville. But Tennessee has become more of a factor going into his senior season, and he’s another important target worth watching in the coming weeks as the Vols continue to shift most of their attention to addressing their remaining defensive needs in the 2022 class.

Honestly it seemed most of his tackles were either terrible blocking/no blocking or after gains

I’m no expert but foot speed didn’t seem great. You want players that are dominating HS kids

I had watched this guy multiple times, and you’re exactly right. He can’t play. Josephs on the other hand is a PLAYER!

Reactions: T2P_Priceless
I had watched this guy multiple times, and you’re exactly right. He can’t play. Josephs on the other hand is a PLAYER!
Madden won't just wow you watching his tape, but he is extremely sound fundamentally. If the coaches have evaluated him in person, and he is an SEC caliber athlete, then he's the type of kid that can play early and not hurt the team. The type that might not ever be a star, but always provide quality depth. You need these kids as well.

Reactions: T2P_Priceless
Madden won't just wow you watching his tape, but he is extremely sound fundamentally. If the coaches have evaluated him in person, and he is an SEC caliber athlete, then he's the type of kid that can play early and not hurt the team. The type that might not ever be a star, but always provide quality depth. You need these kids as well.

Disagree. Your post accentuates that you believe it’s ok for Tennessee to sign mediocre players. We needs blue chip players, and Madden doesn’t fit that mold. Yes, he is being recruited, but I would be shocked if he ends up a Vol. We have 2 other OLBs on the line who are Blue chippers.

Disagree. Your post accentuates that you believe it’s ok for Tennessee to sign mediocre players. We needs blue chip players, and Madden doesn’t fit that mold. Yes, he is being recruited, but I would be shocked if he ends up a Vol. We have 2 other OLBs on the line who are Blue chippers.
He's a priority for UGA also. I guess they usually sign mediocre players also, huh.

He's a priority for UGA also. I guess they usually sign mediocre players also, huh.
At Georgia they may do better if they signed a few mediocre players. They have had enough talent to win a few SE and National Titles, but have not gotten the National Title since before the 1998 team won it for Tennessee.

You name one college football team that every player at every position is a star and I'll retract my statement. You can't name an NFL team that every player on their roster was a star in college. Solid, above average players do not equal mediocre, and if you think we should be signing a class on par with Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, Clemson, etc...... this year...... then I have some oceanfront property in Bucksnort to sell you.

VN Store

Back