'19 GA DB Jammie Robinson (FSU)

Film looks solid. We need more guys in the secondary with elite closing speed. That's what allowed Bryce Thompson to look so good this year.

I'd like to see enough speed that a DB doesn't just run alongside a receiver and watch him catch the ball. I want to see that DB able to turn around and watch for the ball, so he can challenge for it.

Reactions: Evergrenevol
Honest question here, What is the status of UT actually being able to sign Robinson with the hiring of Felton?

Last edited:
I understand, but without him being an on the field coach can UT actually sign Robinson due to the new NCAA rules?
He has to be two years removed from coaching him in high school if I'm not mistaken. Not sure if Helton came here straight from high school or not.

oh yeah, forgot he was a coach at his school.

my bad. yeah, 2 years. and we're good.

Another 4-star defensive back on Tennessee’s radar is Jammie Robinson. The South Georgia native received a visit from a pair of Vol staffers late last week and Tennessee is set to return to Lee County later this week. Robinson told VQ he will over with Tennessee in December but still is planning to sign in February.
Price

Staff be working them silent commits hard tho.......

Staff is simply making a visit to him, as they have all of our commits and silents. Only person we’ve sent to see him thus far is Felton. And the OV is also standard. Several commits who hadn’t OV’d yet recently did or will. He’s committed but we’ve been transparent in what we are doing with numbers. Pretty straight forward and he understands. If we nab kids like T’oto’to and Bogle somewhat unexpectedly, it crunches our ability to take him and he knows that.

IMO Robinson is a playmaker but doesn’t fit the mold of a Pruitt DB. Reminds me of Jamyest Williams from a few cycles ago.

VN Store

Back