‘23 GA DB Ahmad Brown (Ol Miss commit)

From a poster on VQ..
Below from my friend who came up with him. Also brought us Marquez Calloway on visits. Auburn offering him this Wednesday. Already has Arkansas, Kentucky, Mississippi State,Vandy for SEC offers. Clemson really likes him too and Kirby flew his helicopter to see him and text him Tuesday.
But he LOVES Tennessee.

After visiting Tennessee for the first time in January, Ahmad Brown returned to Knoxville on Saturday to take another look at the Vols and attend their first major scrimmage of the spring. While he was there, they officially joined the growing list of SEC teams pursuing him.
The Class of 2023 athlete from Crisp County High School in Cordele, Ga., picked up a scholarship offer from Tennessee on Saturday during his second visit with the Vols in less than three months. They’re the only SEC program he has visited to this point, but he said they’re now his leader among the nearly 20 schools that have extended offers to him.
“They’re top-two — well, top one, if you want me to be honest,” said Brown, who’s ranked the No. 595 overall prospect and No. 51 athlete in the 2023 class and the No. 52 junior from the state of Georgia, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.
The 6-foot-1, 195-pound Brown said he wasn’t completely caught off guard by the offer. He had been told that Tennessee might be on the verge of giving him an offer, but he said it still was “really shocking.”
“There’s a trainer that told me they wanted me to come back up there,” he said. “And that’s a school I’m interested in, so I went up there. … I was honored and blessed to receive that.”
Brown said Vols defensive coordinator Tim Banks informed him of the offer. Banks, defensive backs coach Willie Martinez and others on Tennessee’s staff have told him they like that he’s “very athletic.”
“I’ve got very good instincts for the game, and that was basically what they were telling me,” Brown said. “They were saying that I was long and all that type of stuff.”
He said the Vols are recruiting him primarily as a possible safety, although he’s capable of playing multiple positions in the secondary.
“They say safety,” Brown said. “They could use me at anything — safety, (defensive back), slot cornerback. … There are schools recruiting me as a wide receiver and DB.”
Arkansas, South Carolina, Kentucky, Mississippi State and Vanderbilt are among the other schools that have extended offers to Brown. He hasn’t visited any of them, but he said he’s scheduled to travel to South Carolina on Saturday.
He said Tennessee is already standing out to him because of “the coaches.”
“I could see that they’re very serious about their players,” Brown said. “I see that they have fun. They enjoy going there. And not only with football — like, with life. They help you out with life, and I like stuff like that.”
The Vols’ coaches, he said, are “just like my coach up here” at Crisp County. Brown said Tennessee’s staff and players impressed him during Saturday’s scrimmage.
“It was energetic, fast-paced,” he said. “People were out there having fun, talking a whole lot of junk — stuff like that. I love seeing stuff like that, too.”
He’s not sure when he might return to Tennessee, but he said he expects to make it back to Knoxville at some point.
“I know I might go back there soon,” Brown said, adding that he doesn’t plan to visit the Vols again before they wrap up spring practice.
Wake Forest is scheduled to host him on Tuesday before his planned trip to South Carolina next weekend, and he said he’s set to travel to Vanderbilt on April 16.
For now, Brown doesn’t expect to make his college decision until this fall.
“Midseason, I want to go ahead and make my mind up on where I want to go,” he said.

Kids gonna be a ball player once he hits college @ 6'1 195 perfect at corner.He adds a few lbs n your cooking but he's gonna blow up this summer.Defintely one we need to stay in with.

Pretty sure he was at the January junior day as well. Reminds me of Christian Charles. Utah and Michigan State offers notable to me as well for a DB.

Offered by Clemson yesterday (followed by Missouri) while he was on campus. From Clemson 247 homer Hickey:

"Tennessee recently offered and emerged as his leader."

"Clemson offered as a safety. Believe the Vols also offered as a safety/DB. "

"Following his Clemson visit, Brown told Clemson247 that the Tigers are now "up there" for him. Brown visits South Carolina today. The Gamecocks have offered. Vanderbilt is also set to host him this month. Brown recently said he wants to make a commitment decision midseason of his senior year, and he doesn't intend to take any officials until the start of the season."

Vols did well to get in this recruitment early!

AHMAD BROWN, 2023 SAFETY
Cordele (Ga.) Crisp County features a ton of talent, especially relative to its classification (AAA). Ahmad Brown, a 2023 two-way playmaker, is a headliner for Crisp County, where he plays receiver, quarterback, and defensive back, in addition to participating in basketball and track and field. Brown, who ascends from an 85 to a high three-star 88, posted an encouraging 11.09 100 this spring, which also featured three other 100-meter times in the fast half of the 11.00-second range.
Brown averaged 8.2 points and 6.9 rebounds per game in hoops after his strong junior season on the gridiron. Brown finished Fall 2021 with 27 catches for 541 yards and six touchdowns; 276 rushing yards and nine TDs on 6.73 yards per carry; and 149 yards and one TD on 17-for-32 passing. He also recorded 25 tackles and three interceptions from the secondary. Over the last two seasons, he's compiled 2,500-plus total yards of offense, including 1,000 passing as a sophomore. Brown has scheduled June official visits for Vanderbilt and South Carolina and has added numerous offers in recent weeks.

VN Store

Back