'19 GA CB Warren Burrell (Tennessee signee)

I'll probably be here tomorrow also

tumblr_ong79iRjJo1s7xfipo1_500.gif

Reactions: 3 people
“I do feel like I will go there again. Based off the first two visits, it seems like I just want to take a closer look at them. They really impressed me with that visit.” The 6-foot, 175-pound Burrell said he doesn’t “know how many schools for sure” will be on his forthcoming list of favorites. “But, as of right now, Tennessee is pretty high on my list,” he added.

Burrell said he decided take another look at the Vols because his “first visit was great,” and he wanted to get a sample of the game-day atmosphere at Tennessee. “They have a whole new coaching staff,” he said. “Meeting them for the first time (last month), it was really good. I didn’t even get to see, like I did this visit, the fan base and things like that, because the campus was empty. But even so, I was able to tour the facilities and, from the school’s standpoint, look at the different facilities they have as far as education, and I was really impressed by it.m“And that was just one aspect, so I wanted to see the game-day aspect of it, as well.”

“It was amazing,” he said. “It was just the spring game, and to have the stadium packed like that, it was really impressive. It was just a lot of energy going on in the stadium. I could feel the love from the fans. “It kind of exceeded my expectations of how many people (would be) there.”

Burrell said he spent time with Tennessee cornerbacks coach Terry Fair and Pruitt before Saturday’s game. The Vols recently have talked with Burrell “just about daily,” he said, with Fair, Pruitt and running backs coach Chris Weinke all staying in contact with him. “(They were) just excited I came back down again for another visit, and just saying what to expect on a game day, what I got to see from the game-day experience,” Burrell said. “It was really good.”

“I was just looking at the defense as a whole — offense, too, but mainly defense as a whole,” Burrell said. “Under Coach Pruitt, they completely changed the way they play defense to his style of play. It’s definitely something I can see myself fitting in at. “I know that, no matter where you go, on the college level there’s going to be serious competition — regardless, wherever you go. But over there, it does seem like there’s opportunity to play, just based off what I was told.”

“From a football standpoint, there is an opportunity to play, and also just the atmosphere and just game day over there,” he said. “Being able to experience that was pretty cool. And from an academic standpoint, as well, Tennessee was able to (show) the importance of academics over there, and that was something that was big for me. “It was a good vibe there. I liked it.” He said Tennessee, Ohio State, N.C. State, Penn State and Georgia — which also hosted him on a recent visit — are among the teams recruiting him hardest.

Burrell hopes to take some OV's this summer and decide before senior season starts.

Reactions: 6 people

Burrell hopes to take some OV's this summer and decide before senior season starts.

Thoughtful, well-spoken interview by this young man - I especially like this part:

“I was just looking at the defense as a whole — offense, too, but mainly defense as a whole,” Burrell said. “Under Coach Pruitt, they completely changed the way they play defense to his style of play. It’s definitely something I can see myself fitting in at. “I know that, no matter where you go, on the college level there’s going to be serious competition — regardless, wherever you go. But over there, it does seem like there’s opportunity to play, just based off what I was told.”

“From a football standpoint, there is an opportunity to play, and also just the atmosphere and just game day over there,” he said. “Being able to experience that was pretty cool. And from an academic standpoint, as well, Tennessee was able to (show) the importance of academics over there, and that was something that was big for me. “It was a good vibe there. I liked it.” He said Tennessee, Ohio State, N.C. State, Penn State and Georgia — which also hosted him on a recent visit — are among the teams recruiting him hardest.

HEADED BACK TO HAPPY VALLEY: "I am going back up to Penn State Saturday and I will get to see a lot more. I was there for the Michigan game last season and it was a great game-day experience. I really liked the fans and the coaches still spending time with me on a game-day really stood out to me as well. They found time to spend time with me and they made me feel really wanted there."

BUCKEYES JUMPED IN EARLY: "They were one of the first 10 schools to offer me, so they have been with me for a while. I was offered when coach Coombs was there, but since he left for the Tennessee Titans, the other coaches have picked right up. It has gone well. I was up there for the Michigan State game and it was loud. I liked the atmosphere too. From the beginning, Ohio State has been one of my favorites."

UGA STAFF STANDS OUT: "When I was at Georgia on the visit when they offered, I really fell in love with the coaches. I talked to coach Smart and coach Tucker and I like them a lot. They put on a great presentation for me when I was there to see the facilities and to take the tour. I really liked it all."

IRISH CONNECTION: "My cousin (Kyle Hamilton) recently committed to Notre Dame, so he is on me about them and I know KJ Wallace too. I have a little connection to Notre Dame, so that is cool. They have been recruiting me as hard as anyone too. They have been to the school, coach Lyght has been on me and it is a school I want to visit. It is the only school on my list that I have not been to yet, so hopefully that will happen soon. I know about tradition there and stuff, but the best thing about Notre Dame is their consistency with me."

WOLFPACK WAS ONE OF THE FIRST: "I was actually at NC State last summer when they offered me. They were the fourth school to offer me I think. They showed strong interest in me early and that stands out. I have visited there twice and I fell in love with the atmosphere. I really like the coaches too. They have made me feel like I can make a big impact there."

GRANTHAM THREE TIMES: "I have really gotten to know coach Grantham really well. He offered me first at Louisville, then at Mississippi State and he offered me when he got to Florida, so I can tell he really likes me and really wants me. I was down at Florida early in the year and I got to spend time with coach Grantham, coach Warren and coach Warren. They all are great guys and I got a very good feel for the school."

VOLS WERE NOT TOO LATE: "Tennessee came in with a new staff and offered me a little later than some of the other schools, but when I visited, I liked it. They really impressed me when I was up there, so I went back. Coach Pruitt is genuine, I like coach Fair too and my family enjoyed it up there also. They have showed me their plan for me to play early, so that stood out too."

-Rivals

Reactions: 1 person
early on i heard OSU, have not really pushed for info. I still think OSU until i hear otherwise

burrell has visited tennessee twice since getting a scholarship offer from first-year coach jeremy pruitt’s staff in january. The vols hosted him on march 17, at the end of tennessee’s spring break, and he returned april 21 for their spring-ending orange and white game.

After his trip to tennessee last month, he strongly hinted that the vols were among his favorites, telling govols247 that “tennessee is definitely a school i want to take more interest in” and “pretty high on my list.”

“i do feel like i will go there again,” burrell said last month. “based off the first two visits, it seems like i just want to take a closer look at them. They really impressed me with that visit.” georgia, alabama and n.c. State have hosted burrell on multiple visits in addition to tennessee. He said his opportunity to earn early playing time in the vols’ secondary is one of “a couple things that stand out to me” about tennessee’s program.

“from a football standpoint, there is an opportunity to play, and also just the atmosphere and just game day over there,” he said last month. “being able to experience that was pretty cool. And from an academic standpoint, as well, tennessee was able to (show) the importance of academics over there, and that was something that was big for me. “it was a good vibe there. I liked it.”

he has received offers from more than 25 schools, including all seven of his current favorites, along with alabama, auburn, michigan, nebraska, ole miss, kentucky, south carolina, southern california, vanderbilt and wisconsin. Last month, burrell told govols247 that he hoped to decide on a college “before my senior season or early during the season.”

Warren Burrell named his final seven schools last week and Tennessee made that list. He is fresh off a visit to Penn State, so he is open to going anywhere if he feels it is the right fit. Tennessee is selling their chance for early playing time and the staff’s ability to develop defensive backs to Burrell.

Simmons

Reactions: 2 people
They won 44-0 over Lanier tonight. Maybe 2 passes thrown to Warrens side as he was in such tight coverage it was like he and the receiver were wearing the same set of pants. Lanier has the qb recently offered by Mizzou but they were no match at the LOS.

Reactions: 1 person
Burrell, Bush, and Fields.

That sounds like who might be the CBs in the class, at least at this point.

VN Store

Back