'19 GA CB Warren Burrell (Tennessee signee)

If WB has a breakout season and/or gets All-American freshman honors then you can believe we'll be getting some of these top CB recruits.

But what will blow some folks' minds is when in spite of that, Pruitt will continue to take a 3* he thinks is good over the 4* and 5* guys others think are are good.

Would be nice if this guy progresses enough to where we can slide Thompson inside in nickel situations and have Taylor and Burrell on the outside.

Yep. Bama does it.

Come sit for a couple of seasons, become an AA, don't get the wear-and-tear on your body, get drafted in the 1st=recipe for success.
Makes sense. Unfortunetly Bama seems to be the only team that has done that successfully.

Even Georgia, who is recruiting at that level, seems to be just promising everyone early PT and pulling out the "I never said that" when they show up on campus.

Taylor and Thompson? Technically they’re the starters.
Taylor wasn't a Freshman All American CB. Burrell, in this scenario, is. thus Burrell the Sophmore and Thompson the junior. and anyone coming in after Burrell and his AA freshman campaign would still be "behind" him even if he wasn't starting.

Taylor wasn't a Freshman All American CB. Burrell, in this scenario, is. thus Burrell the Sophmore and Thompson the junior. and anyone coming in after Burrell and his AA freshman campaign would still be "behind" him even if he wasn't starting.
If Burrell isn’t starting then no one would be playing behind a Freshman All-American starter...if he makes All-American. Unnamed Player might also be backing up Taylor. Requires lots of cart before horses.

If Burrell isn’t starting then no one would be playing behind a Freshman All-American starter...if he makes All-American. Unnamed Player might also be backing up Taylor. Requires lots of cart before horses.
So under the premise that Burrell is a freshman all American, as was the scenario, you think a true freshman would be our third CB?
Entirely possible to have three CBS out there on the field. Even without considering the nickle.

Theres a line at every position. If you are second guy off the bench you are behind the the first guy off the bench.

So under the premise that Burrell is a freshman all American, as was the scenario, you think a true freshman would be our third CB?
Entirely possible to have three CBS out there on the field. Even without considering the nickle.

Theres a line at every position. If you are second guy off the bench you are behind the the first guy off the bench.
There are two starting cornerbacks...plenty of snaps. 😎

There are two starting cornerbacks...plenty of snaps. 😎

Like I posted in the regular recruiting thread.... I think they are about to shift to Taylor and Burrell at the corners and Thompson at the star. Especially with Buchanan still out.

Like I posted in the regular recruiting thread.... I think they are about to shift to Taylor and Burrell at the corners and Thompson at the star. Especially with Buchanan still out.
See if that applies two years ahead.

VN Store

Back