'21 GA CB Nyland Green (UGA commit)

Maybe... but I'm thinking if he were he'd already be on the field. We aren't good at safety... AT ALL.
Didn’t Pruitt just say he doesn’t believe in playing younger guys that don’t practice well? Eve if they are better or have more athleticism

JG plays like crap but still starts. Means nothing.

Key is elite and probably our best secondary player right now besides BT.

The older kids know what to do in practice so it makes them stand out more (JG)

Don’t need to explain anymore
i seem to remember a quote from, just a day or two ago about how many days guys from the secondary missed in fall camp, and that they got no spring.....

is that not a factor? or are we just pretending practice, or lack thereof, doesn't matter at all for anyone now...we got a team full of 'gamers'?

Didn’t Pruitt just say he doesn’t believe in playing younger guys that don’t practice well? Eve if they are better or have more athleticism

JG plays like crap but still starts. Means nothing.

Key is elite and probably our best secondary player right now besides BT.

The older kids know what to do in practice so it makes them stand out more (JG)

Don’t need to explain anymore
No, that's not what he said but you aren't the only one who is confused. Many posters in that thread are twisting Pruitt's words. It's like there's a pocket of Vol fans who are so caught up in their anger that they're incapable of interpreting things accurately. Pruitt said he doesn't believe in playing guys who don't deserve to be playing just because they have more talent. If players don't play hard and continuously make mistakes, they won't see the field. Sounds to me like the shortest path to PT under Pruitt is max effort and doing what you're supposed to do on any given play. Amazing that so many are trying to spin that into being a bad thing.

i seem to remember a quote from, just a day or two ago about how many days guys from the secondary missed in fall camp, and that they got no spring.....

is that not a factor? or are we just pretending practice, or lack thereof, doesn't matter at all for anyone now...we got a team full of 'gamers'?
Of course it's a factor, but how hard can it be? If you aren't allowed to practice, study the playbook... watch film... work out on your own... then when you're cleared, dominate. If Key is elite, and the coaches didn't find a way to get him prepared despite this season's challenges, that's on them.

No, that's not what he said but you aren't the only one who is confused. Many posters in that thread are twisting Pruitt's words. It's like there's a pocket of Vol fans who are so caught up in their anger that they're incapable of interpreting things accurately. Pruitt said he doesn't believe in playing guys who don't deserve to be playing just because they have more talent. If players don't play hard and continuously make mistakes, they won't see the field. Sounds to me like the shortest path to PT under Pruitt is max effort and doing what you're supposed to do on any given play. Amazing that so many are trying to spin that into being a bad thing.

If that's how Pruitt meant it, it seriously contradicts JG then.

Of course it's a factor, but how hard can it be? If you aren't allowed to practice, study the playbook... watch film... work out on your own... then when you're cleared, dominate. If Key is elite, and the coaches didn't find a way to get him prepared despite this season's challenges, that's on them.

Lol huh?

Practice is critical for execution. It’s even more important for a dude who played HS football last year

Sounds easy enough. Hell, who needs practice......

Pruitt talked about Key yesterday. He started of at corner but was moved to safety. Then COVID wiped out the corners for a bit, so he was moved back to corner. Now he's getting a look at star. COVID has definitely played into why he hasn't seen the field.

Lol huh?

Practice is critical for execution. It’s even more important for a dude who played HS football last year
There just continues to be a serious lack of understanding of what goes into playing SEC football. The depth of details and precision required to play at a high level is completely foreign to many fans on here. Ahhh stick him out there and let him run around and make some plays just like I do when I play backyard tackle ballvwith the neighborhood kids.

so......it doesn't matter....?
tenor.gif

There just continues to be a serious lack of understanding of what goes into playing SEC football. The depth of details and precision required to play at a high level is completely foreign to many fans on here. Ahhh stick him out there and let him run around and make some plays just like I do when I play backyard tackle ballvwith the neighborhood kids.
it's easy!! pruitt's just dumb....

Eligible for parole next month.
Seems I remember reading he was a hell of a football player, was a DB I think. Either basketball was his first love or he took the quickest path to big money.

QB. From that same area Vick hailed.
I recall seeing a video of him years ago running back an interception.. Good Hi school ball philosophy if you don't have a true QB. Put your best athlete at QB so he handles the ball every play.

I recall seeing a video of him years ago running back an interception.. Good Hi school ball philosophy if you don't have a true QB. Put your best athlete at QB so he handles the ball every play.
He was a legit passer tho. Qualified as a true QB. Just the best athlete on the field so they used him as such.

NSIAP: UGA Mod (Rusty):

“Saw Nyland Green play three weeks ago and one thing I will tell you without 100% doubt is this kid is going to be a player on the next level. He NEVER left the field against McEachern on either side of the ball and dude is the LONG SNAPPER on special teams. Sign me up for those ALL DAY long, he can run, he will hit you. He checks every box with ease. I know and I have told our board on multiple occasions especially recently that Tennessee was the biggest threat here and they are. Lot of smoke he almost committed to this week to UT, but is now holding off. I don't think his decision will go into December. Derrick Ansley has been very big here, they have a great relationship.”
So @Atlanta VOL was right after all...

VN Store

Back