'21 GA CB Nyland Green (UGA commit)

So thatā€™s supposed to mean something because you own 5 houses, foreign and domestic?
And he said that I have to puff my chest out like Iā€™m something. That was one of the biggest self back pats Iā€™ve ever read. Like whoa. Be humble, homie.

Reactions: barrylee
meh.

the only thing we're not getting right now is the splash class that puts you on the map faster.

we've got two top 10 classes under our belt so far, and working on a 3rd.

the rsoter wasn't good when they got here and has been overhauled, especially on the O line......

defenisvely, we've made signficant strides, even w/out the benefit of all world top 5 talent across the board...hell we have two WR playing CB that are going to likely be on some version of all SEC lists.....

offensively, we need a QB....

we've gone from 0-8 in the SEC in 2017 to 5-3 in 2019.

news flash: UGA and Bama and Florida have been a head of us for a while now. hell, up until a couple years ago, USCe, Mizzou, Vandy all had winning streaks against us....to go along with the current streaks against the other 3.

you don't have to like it. but we're not yet ready to compete for SEC titles....and probably won't be for another year or two, at least. while UGA and Bama have show the ability to recruit their way to that level in relatively short order, TN has not been able to do that, and really, never has been able to do that....even when we were a top dog signing top 5 classes, we were still a development first program.

and that's where we are right now....develop the ones you have, and the ones you get.....when we've been able to get immediate contributors, they've contributed. the majority need time....and i honestly dont' care anymore about comparing us to this or that program. it really doesn't matter. cause we are where we are....and what happens someplace is inconsequential.

we need to continue to beef up the front 3-4 on defense...we need to continue to add depth to the OL and find/develop OT's...we need to get a QB developed....

but i really don't think we're light years behind anymore.....we went toe to toe with Bama physically last year until you know what happened. we went toe to toe with UGA physically, on defense anyway, and as a result was only down 2 freaking points in AThens headed to the 4th qtr....in both of those games had we had solid/good/better qb play...who knows....

but UGA's defense is legit. Bama's offense is legit. and across the board, we do not have the personnel yet to just go out and "handle" the difference between them and us in those match ups. the same has been tru with FL in a lot of cases....they seem to have just enough of an advantage in the right spots to be able to do what's needed when they play us.

the good news, we've bridged the gap, and in some cases passed, most everyone else in the SEC in my opinion.....other than those three programs, there's not another program i would just put an L next to on the schedule anymore.

anyway...........i'm not here to ruin a good bish session....but most of it is being done w/out any consideration of the context involved in TN football vs. the SEC as a whole.....
I believe we have one top 10 class under Pruitt and that was last year. Right now we are 15th in recruit average (pre-Charles) which is the most important than total recruiting points.

Reactions: lfvol
I believe we have one top 10 class under Pruitt and that was last year. Right now we are 15th in recruit average (pre-Charles) which is the most important than total recruiting points.

Blindly relying on player star rankings is a misnomer, as it discounts future player development, injuries, and busts. How many 3* have contributed like 4* after a year or so on campus? How many 4* and 5* never live up to the hype? How many players are never the same after injuries?

We need to consistently sign top 10 classes at a minimum, and the rest will sort itself out.

Blindly relying on player star rankings is a misnomer, as it discounts future player development, injuries, and busts. How many 3* have contributed like 4* after a year or so on campus? How many 4* and 5* never live up to the hype? How many players are never the same after injuries?

We need to consistently sign top 10 classes at a minimum, and the rest will sort itself out.
Top 10 classes are made of mostly 4 and 5*'s, which you just said didn't matter.

I asked you a question closely related to Sweetā€™s statement and you went off on your recent default rant concerning me. Iā€™ve HAD criticism of you and the world according to you, but thatā€™s irrelevant to my question. As a Vols fan, passion notwithstanding, why is there a need to call out those who arenā€™t panicking or who believe in a longer process? ā€œIf youā€™re satisfied with mediocrity...?ā€ is going to draw a response from those of us who are every bit as passionate and KNOWLEDGEABLE as the versions who advocate certain players and pretend to know the future IF they ā€œget their chanceā€. Not to mention THIS COACH DOESNā€™T HAVE IT cultees. Weariness runs both ways. When things are FACTS, weā€™re all right at the same time.

Thats very true.
No argument there.

Stop criticizing every person on here because they see an obvious problem.
Is that impossible to ask for? Maybe it is...
But at the end of the day we're all just fans.
Just fans that want to see UT winning and believe that the coach is dedicated to just that.

It's like what Sweetassofa said. You get tired of people complaining about stuff they can't control.

With me it's a little different.
I can't control Pruitt or anyone else, but I'm still passionate about my Vols. As are you. 1vol8 is not a real Vol fan imo.
But why would he be at this point?? Brian Maurer has been totally misused here. But that's all on Pruitt.
If you don't want people to comment on your posts, don't post.

Lol. Definition of "see what i want to see to fit my narrative".
The advantage of signing more players as of today will disappear for the most part by NSD. The correct way to view recruiting is the the average recruit ranking. Maybe you should go back to school if you do not understand this concept.

The advantage of signing more players as of today will disappear for the most part by NSD. The correct way to view recruiting is the the average recruit ranking. Maybe you should go back to school if you do not understand this concept.
I think I speak for everyone when I say...
1602948555138.gif

I asked you a question closely related to Sweetā€™s statement and you went off on your recent default rant concerning me. Iā€™ve HAD criticism of you and the world according to you, but thatā€™s irrelevant to my question. As a Vols fan, passion notwithstanding, why is there a need to call out those who arenā€™t panicking or who believe in a longer process? ā€œIf youā€™re satisfied with mediocrity...?ā€ is going to draw a response from those of us who are every bit as passionate and KNOWLEDGEABLE as the versions who advocate certain players and pretend to know the future IF they ā€œget their chanceā€. Not to mention THIS COACH DOESNā€™T HAVE IT cultees. Weariness runs both ways. When things are FACTS, weā€™re all right at the same time.

Welp...
It seems more people are doing what I've been doing. So I don't need to wear it out šŸ¤“

It's obvious Pruitt has a big problem.

Btw, this was a very good, productive and truthful counter argument by you.

Regardless of Pruitt and JG today. You are right šŸ‘†

VN Store

Back